Chief Engineer/Supervisor Operator
Chief Engineer/Supervisor Operator
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedChief Engineer/Supervisor Operator.
Provide facility maintenance supervision, which includes ensuring events are set up as requested, responding to equipment/system failures, issuing and monitoring work orders, and responding to customer calls for assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as a working supervisor of the operator/maintenance technicians.
- Hire, train, terminate, evaluate, supervise, coordinate, and schedule operator/maintenance technicians in the operation, maintenance, and repair of all HVAC equipment and systems, electrical systems, and associated utilities for 24-hour coverage, including holidays; coordinate 24-hour security coverage in the absence of an operator.
- Develop, implement, and supervise a preventative maintenance program, customer service attitude, skills and system training/upgrades, and parts inventory program.
- In the absence of appropriate training/skill level of operators, delegate/authorize the need for outside contractors for HVAC repairs or modifications. Coordinate and supervise independent contractors when necessary.
- Ensure safe work practices are observed for the operations and maintenance functions.
- Perform other related work as assigned to improve operational efficiency.
- Train operator/maintenance technicians in regard to system components and their interrelations, work quality, customer service, departmental team work, job performance and responsibilities, college purpose, and increased skills.
- Develop programs for efficient labor and energy use, work orders, preventive maintenance, Trane Tracer record keeping and programming, and load shedding without negatively affecting customer service.
- Maintain written records by documenting maintenance and repair activities of all HVAC equipment and systems, and electrical systems.
- Coordinate HVAC, electrical, and utilities service activities with other departments and personnel as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Demonstrate upmost ethical and professional behavior working with students, college staff, and outside agencies associated with the Collin College.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required.
One (1) year of supervisory experience required. (Internal candidates without supervisory experience may be considered, and may be required to complete supervisory training within one year of hire into the position.)
Licenses and Certifications:
Successful completion of a certified program in Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) from a technical trade school, or a diploma from a higher education program.
Valid Texas driver’s license and insurable by the district’s insurance carrier.
Five (5) additional years of directly related experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of each position in order to communicate and delegate responsibilities (This could be technical knowledge or knowledge of the required task to determine who may be the best for the job)
- Knowledge of the payroll data base
- Knowledge of local contractors
- Knowledge of computers
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to delegate responsibilities
- Ability to use work order data base system to generate, delegate and close out work assignments
- Ability to schedule work
- Ability to make and maintain positive working relationships
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney