The mission of The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
is the development of professional health care practitioners
through innovation, individualized, and quality classroom,
clinical, and distance education.
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (USAHS) is
currently seeking a highly-qualified, experienced, Executive
Administrative Assistant to provide support to senior institutional
leadership and the associated departments. The ideal candidate must
be professional, proactive, discrete and able to anticipate the
needs of senior leaders. This position is responsible for providing
all aspects of administrative support. Candidate must be highly
proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Individual will
be responsible for a variety of administrative duties including
meeting coordination and organization; word processing; budget
tracking; data and reporting; and management of confidential
information. In addition, the qualified candidate will handle
incoming and outbound phone calls, expense reporting and the
management of a variety of spreadsheets in support of institutional
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calendar scheduling to include coordinating, scheduling and
updating of calendars across time zones and geographies; work in
collaboration with other administrative assistants across the
vertical to coordinate group meetings.
- Manage domestic and international travel itineraries to include
coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, updating calendars
with travel information and confirming reservations; conduct
research as needed for travel arrangements.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the senior
leader’s office and internal Departments, while demonstrating
credibility, trust and support.
- Manage expense reports in Coupa system and through manual
methods and submit for reimbursement.
- Provide primary support for meetings to include arranging all
meeting logistics including but not limited to preparing agendas,
collecting information, arranging live meetings/interactive
software, video conferences, conference calls, hotel
accommodations, catering, room set up, document preparation,
coordinate offsite meetings and logistics, etc.
- Prepare documents such as spreadsheets and PowerPoint
presentations, create and maintain organizational charts and
compliance trackers, handle correspondence, take meeting minutes,
and prepare documents as directed.
- Prepare, route, manage, and maintain employee assignment data,
including but not limited to Independent Consulting Agreements,
Letters of Assignment, and other special assignments.
- Prepare, process and maintain database for special reports
including; invoices, check requests, time off forms, expense
reports, memberships, subscriptions and other needs as
- Establish and maintain an organized system for maintaining
regular and confidential files and records.
- Coordinate and develop campus events and functions.
- Anticipate the needs of the institution; assume responsibility
for projects and make suggestions about current processes and
- Responsible for monitoring and ordering supplies and managing
office equipment requests in relation to maintenance; printers,
copier service calls, and other needs as requested.
- May act as the first point of contact for departmental
contacts; responsible for dealing with inquiries on the phone and
- Manage document preparation for Board Meetings.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may
deem necessary from time to time.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
Senior leadership team member(s)
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on
performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a high school diploma, college degree or equivalent
experience preferred. Secondary education or a degree in a business
school, trade school or an associate degree or equivalent
experience highly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 -7 years of administrative support experience,
preferably at the executive level; experience working in higher
education is highly preferred.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Resiliency - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Innovation - Creating new and better ways for the organization
to be successful.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Must possess solid and advanced level skills in MS Outlook,
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Knowledge of Visio is a
- Must be a detail-oriented, self-starter who can work both
individually and in a collaborative team environment; have the
ability to handle multiple tasks in a constantly changing
- Strong ability to multitask and handle competing priorities,
solid organizational skills, customer service oriented, ability to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent
listening and assimilation skills and the ability to thrive in a
- Ability to travel, as required
- Must be able to lift approximately 30 pounds
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment, but
may involve exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves
operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours
daily and includes physical demands associated with a traditional
office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other
physical functions as necessary.
The University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences is an equal
opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national