Director Campus Networks
Director Campus Networks
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$90,000 yr - $144,000 yr (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
$43.27 per hour
Responsible for leading the operations of an organization, ensuring business goals are achieved by applying business strategies and developing organizational objectives. Requires a dynamic understanding of relevant laws and policies and the ability to independently analyze problems, search for strategic solutions, organize and influence individuals to meet the vision, mission and goals of the organization and Dallas College. Ensures operations function to promote diversity and professional growth.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be able to provide leadership, oversight and accountability for the operational effectiveness and efficiency of an organization to achieve its mission and goals.
• Understands and keeps abreast of applicable laws, regulations and government requirements and their impact on the business ensuring compliance through effective procedures, policies, and practices.
• Ability to manage complex projects; plan and evaluate processes or programs; examine and re‐engineer operations; recommend policy, develop, and implement new strategies and procedures.
• Ability to provide strategic direction by identifying actions necessary to achieve task(s) completion and obtain results meeting timelines, quotas, budget, performance goals, etc.
• Able to collaborate with leadership and/or stakeholders regarding ways to improve the functionality of the organization in the best interest of the College.
• Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse cultures and populations.
• Able to manage internal and external relationships in ways that promote the best interest of all stakeholders.
• Ability to sustain and improve the work environment in the face of change and environmental challenges.
• Knowledge and experience managing cloud-based software migrations a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in VM Ware is a plus.
• Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity; maintains confidentiality; acts ethically and with integrity.
• Ability to seek ways to proactively improve organizational processes and outcomes by being objective, fairly evaluating different components and aspects of a situation, maintaining a balance between the goals of the organization and those of the College.
• Recommends policy/procedural changes to support business needs.
• Ability to manage and impart information to a diverse college‐wide community working cross‐ functionally with other constituents to implement operational strategies and document new processes to improve the customer experience.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
• Master’s degree plus three (3) years of experience in related field plus two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Official transcripts are required.
• Work hours may extend beyond the regular, Monday‐Friday, 8:00 a.m.‐5:00 p m. workday, including weekends and holidays to provide immediate support due to system failures on a 24/7 basis.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license required for offsite travel. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides leadership, planning, budgeting, and supervision to the Campus Network Services for all campus locations, working in collaboration with Dallas College Infrastructure, Telecommunications and Network staff to support the entire network infrastructure.
• Monitors the day‐to‐day delivery of current and projected services to maintain or improve quality output.
• Oversees the management of network support services for all the campus locations.
• Ensures compliance with Dallas College policies/procedures and regulatory rules and regulations to ensure proprietary information is safeguarded.
• Stays up to date on best practices and technological changes in the industry through professional development activities.
• Protects the college and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels.
• Evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule and promotes information security awareness within the organization.
• Manage multiple technical problems simultaneously, providing assessment, solutions, and design for future growth.
• Analyzes technology needs to determine scope and priorities of projects, system capacity and new installations of software or hardware.
• Builds and maintains effective and collaborative working relationships with diverse stakeholders and constituents within the College community to ensure computing services, information security and disaster recovery programs are in accordance with internal/external security standards.
• Leads all activities at the campuses for campus computing systems support.
• Collaborates and serves on numerous committees, working with staff, supervisors, and executive leadership to determine business needs.
• Participate in design and coordinate development of infrastructure to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility.
• Leads efforts to improve IT processes, research and recommend new products to enhance work production.
• Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operational plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the College.
• Oversees Campus Network‐related purchases and budget usage.
Utilizes excellent listening, oral and written communication skills to communicate with a diverse array of stakeholders and constituents with varying level of technical knowledge.
• Gives presentations on project proposals, strategic initiatives, and provide updates on scope of projects and deliverables.
• Continually defines ways to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
• Supervises approximately 17 staff (direct/indirect) and manages a budget of approximately $4+ million.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Director, College IT Services
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 27 Apr 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 May 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Dallas