Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship
As the Assistant Professor, Entrepreneurship you will teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and curriculum development; be responsible for developing a program of research; and participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
Teaches 3 courses, research and service for our student startups in our Incubator and/or Accelerator Program.
Additional Job Description
- Earned Ph.D. in Entrepreneurship or relevant field from a regionally accredited institution.
- ABD will be considered if the degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD at time of hire, appointment will be made at Assistant level on a fixed contract.
- Evidence of successful teaching and research.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the university, with a demonstrated ability or potential for developing a successful research program.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/ scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore, all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
Required Application Materials:
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any additional required documents from the job posting.) The following are the additional that should be uploaded in that section:
- Cover Letter
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers