Management, Adjunct Faculty
The position requires teaching the writing sessions of the undergraduate course called GEB 3523 Critical Thinking & Writing for Business. This course is designed to provide students a strong foundation in the critical thinking, problem solving, business report writing and information literacy to ensure that business students will be successful in obtaining high value employment positions and in achieving rapid career advancement. The course requires analysis of business case studies and creation of business reports.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Attends and teaches class at regularly schedules times and holds regular office hours
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates student performance.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom and/or online instruction.
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of instruction.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings as requested (Department).
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional development, and other activities appropriate to higher education faculty.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Course Coordinator
Additional Job Description
Master of Business Administration or a specialized Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution with eighteen (18+) credit hours related to the course topic.
- Postsecondary teaching experience.
- Training or expertise in business writing and critical thinking/problem solving instruction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Humanities Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers