Residence Life Coordinator
TheResidence Lifeteam atSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications forResidence
Our Residence Life program is grounded in community, convenience, and connection, providing innovative and educational services and fostering memorable experiences for students and families living on campus while delivering the university mission toeducate women to lead and influence. TheResidence Coordinatorsupports living-learning environments for a diverse body of students in a residence hall complex of approximately 320 students. The Residence Coordinator interacts with residents on a regular basis, providing information and assistance for academic issues, peer conflicts, roommate mediation, and personal concerns. In addition, this position hires, trains and supervises up to 18 Resident Assistant (RA) student staff, focusing on student retention and satisfaction. This position serves in an on-duty capacity for all residential students and lives on campus all year. As a professional staff person on call, there are responsibilities for 24/7 shared conduct and crisis response. Over the summer months, this position continues in an on-call and crisis response rotation.
- Support strategies and initiatives to recruit and retain
students of all identities, with attention to students of
marginalized identities in the residence halls.
- Utilize data driven and intentional ideas to inform and improve
our current departmental practices and to create experiences to
- In collaboration with Residence Life leadership, recruit,
select, train, evaluate, supervise, and aid in the development of
resident hall assistants (RAs) as paraprofessional staff members
during the academic year and summer.
- Support implementation of the community development model and
engagement plan, Living Learning Communities, and student
leadership initiatives that engage students and create ties to the
- Aid in developing, executing and assessing the community
development and student engagement model.
- Serve as a formal conduct hearing officer for conduct violation
cases as assigned.
- Provide coaching, support, referrals, and mediation to students
- Assume shared on-call campus duty year-round and coordinate
emergency response as needed, which may include coordination with
off-campus partners such as local hospitals.
- Manage and monitor assigned budgets for areas of
- Meet weekly with RAs and track coaching celebrations and
concerns, providing consistent feedback weekly and upholding
- Execute strategies and initiatives to support, recruit, and
retain students with marginalized identities.
- Hold consistent office hours.
- Support community engagement initiatives, both internal and
external including Citizen Katie, Late Night Breakfast,
- Support students with accommodation needs to obtain
individualized support as needed.
- Assume professional staff duty responsibilities as part of rotation year-round, including holidays and weekends.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One year of residence life experience or a similar role that
includes relationship building with college students.
- Experience serving in a crisis response role.
- Experience supporting students from a wide variety of cultural
perspectives with the goal of creating an environment of respect
- Experience listening carefully to solve problems and
successfully navigating conflict resolution.
- Available to work evening and weekend hours.
- Experience as a Residence Advisor on a college / university
- Experience supervising undergraduate students.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 651-690-6565.Application instructions for STAFF
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Amanda Perrin email@example.com.
Application deadline is May 17, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How many years of experience do you
have working with college / university students in a residential
- None to some
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years or more
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- Cover Letter
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul