Dean of Automotive, Construction and Design Technology / Elk Grove Center
Job Posting Title Dean of Automotive, Construction and Design Technology / Elk Grove Center Location Los Rios Community College District (Cosumnes River College) Department Location Posting Number AE00439P The Institution
Cosumnes River College ( CRC ) values diversity, focuses on creativity and personal enrichment, and empowers students to reach their full potential as informed and productive members of the community. CRC is a leader in innovative ideas and sustainable values. One of the four colleges of the Los Rios Community College District, Cosumnes River College seeks candidates who are knowledgeable about the impact of implicit bias in teaching and learning, and who implement culturally responsive teaching techniques and effective practices for engaging students.
Serving south Sacramento County and Elk Grove since 1970, CRC’s main campus and its Elk Grove center provide a dynamic learning environment for more than 14,000 ethnically and racially diverse students. One of the top ten most diverse two-year public colleges in the nation (noted in the Almanac of Higher Education, Fall 2015), CRC is a student-centered, open-access community college dedicated to preparing students for an ever-changing future.
CRC awards Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, Associate degrees for Transfer, Career Education certificates, and transfer credit for students who intend to continue their education at a four-year college or university. Our 200+ programs include automotive technology, radio, television and film, allied health, veterinary technology, and architecture and design technology, among others.
With a focus on improving completion outcomes for all students, programs like the Puente Project, Umoja DIOP Scholars, and Native American Higher Ed Resources, look to increase the number of Latinx, African-American, and Native American students who complete a degree, certificate and/or transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Student support services and programs including CARE, EOPS, Enriched Scholars, and First-Year Experience enhance the ability of all students to complete college. CRC is recognized as a Hispanic-Serving Institution ( HSI ) and as an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution ( AANAPISI ).
CRC strives to be an exemplary and innovative community college that empowers students and employees to strengthen the cultural, social, economic, and environmental well-being of their communities.
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Instruction and Student Learning and in close cooperation with the Associate Vice President of Instruction for Economic and Workforce Development, the Vice President of Student Services and Enrollment Management and the Vice President of Administrative Services and Student Support, the Dean of Automotive, Construction and Design Technology / Elk Grove Center provides general supervision of the affairs of the areas and facilitates and promotes effective student learning.
The academic disciplines which the Dean of Automotive, Construction & Design Technology/Elk Grove Center currently supervises include: Architecture, Architecture Design Technology, Automotive Mechanics Technology, Building Inspection Technology, Construction, Construction Management Technology and Welding. The college may adjust these disciplines resulting in changes to the list above.
The Dean of Automotive, Construction & Design Technology/Elk Grove Center performs duties in the administration and supervision of the Elk Grove Center, which include establishing the overall direction, development, operations, and growth of the center while meeting enrollment goals to maintain center status.
Typical duties may also include, but are not limited to:
LEADERSHIP / COORDINATION :
● Recommending budget allocations and administering the adopted budget.
● Contributing to, supporting and implementing the college’s strategic plan.
● Developing and implementing planning required for the Elk Grove Center and its expansion.
● Providing leadership in the areas for teaching excellence and innovative student learning, for the assurance of student success, and for the continued evaluation and improvement of instructional programs.
● Supporting college-wide implementation of student success strategies such as “We Won’t Fall,” Guided Pathways and mandated activities such as the college accreditation process.
● Providing instructional leadership to the Automotive, Construction and Design Technology ( ACDT ) Student Success Team.
● Assisting faculty and staff with student problems and concerns.
COLLABORATION / TEAM BUILDING :
● Developing and sustaining partnerships with local school districts, governments, and community and civic groups to promote the Center and meet the community’s educational needs.
● Working with the district and college staff in all areas of responsibility.
● Coordinating EGC student and administrative services including orientation, assessment, counseling, financial aid, enrollment services, DSPS, business services, bookstore, custodial services, grounds keeping, building maintenance, etc.
● Supporting the CRC management team in the coordination of campus activities and participating on college and district committees and workgroups as needed.
● Working with staff from the other colleges and sites in the District to review, coordinate, and implement the District Strategic Plan in coordination with college planning and to promote effective student learning in a multi-college environment.
● Employing techniques such as interest-based conflict resolution and other appropriate strategies to resolve disputes and to enhance communication and cooperation among the members of the college and district communities.
PROJECT DOCUMENTATION / DELIVERABLES :
● Maintaining agreements and contracts that involve the Center.
● Managing the day, evening, weekend, and summer course offerings of the Elk Grove Center.
● Developing ACDT instructor assignments and class schedules and coordinating faculty assignments with main campus instructional and student service deans to meet students’ needs and align with the college’s and enrollment management goals.
● Participating in program-specific advisory boards and accreditation processes and supporting ACDT curriculum development and evaluation.
● Promoting, organizing, and overseeing assessment of student learning outcomes for systematic and continuous quality improvement.
TRAINING / STAFF DEVELOPMENT AND SUPERVISION :
● Providing general supervision of the Elk Grove Center.
● Supervising faculty and staff as appropriate.
● Promoting staff development and supporting a climate which fosters collegiality, innovation, anti-racism, cultural humanity and academic excellence.
● Performing duties in the administration and supervision of the instructional areas and coordinating the activities of the faculty and staff.
● Hiring, supervising, and evaluating assigned faculty and staff.
● Utilizing data and equity-minded decision-making in execution of job responsibilities.
● Performing other duties as assigned.
The administrative assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus work and/or hours.
Work Year 12 month Work Schedule Total Hrs per Week/Day 40 Special Requirements Minimum Qualifications
1. Have a master’s degree* from an accredited institution completed by August 2, 2021.
2. Have one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment
3. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college.
● To review the minimum qualifications for faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators’ in California Community Colleges which can be found on our website under CCCCO Handbook .
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
1. Los Rios Community College District Administrative Application
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3. Two letters of recommendation
4. Letter of Interest
5. Unofficial transcripts of college/university work (indicating degree completion or conferral date)
● Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified.
● Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified.
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
● Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents.
● A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
● Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators. Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
Physical Demands Salary $136,580 to $147,838 annually. LRCCD Salary Schedules Additional Salary Information Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited university.
Posting Date 04/27/2021 Closing Date 05/27/2021 Open Continuously No Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Twelve-month, Educational Administrative Position
Beginning on or about August 2, 2021.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
After hours inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $450. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
Administrative positions may be subject to the District’s Conflict of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position. Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Quicklink https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/15305 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering
the question below, I certify that the information provided by me
is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and
belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained
herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I
release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing
such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form 'Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime',
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf
and attach the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- * Considering this specific position that you are applying to –
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Handshake (CSU, UC Job Boards)
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Email
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - API (Asian Pacific Islander Legacy)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association (BFSA)
- LRCCD Resource Group Native American Collaborative (NAC)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Sacramento