Assistant Professor, Tenure Track: Community–based Pharmacist Practitioner at the University of
The Department of Pharmacy Practice at the University of Montana, Missoula invites applications for a 12-month fiscal year tenure-track Assistant Professor in Pharmacy Practice beginning Fall 2021.. The primary focus of the position will be to facilitate, coordinate, and innovate the experiential practice and training of student pharmacists in community settings. This will rely on developing and/or expanding community–based pharmacist practitioner patient-care activities via the advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) model. Major emphasis will be the development of rural health sites, underserved locations and remote patient monitoring/telehealth activities. The successful individual will be able to engage, interface and incorporate patient–care activities with active stakeholders in community–based pharmacy with a keen focus on independent pharmacies. Developing APPE and longitudinal Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) models will compose an important component of this position. The successful candidate will also act as a leader and liaison with state and national organizations integrating the role of the community–based pharmacist practitioner with the education and training philosophy of the UM Skaggs School of Pharmacy (SSOP). This individual will teach in the didactic and clinical skills laboratory component in the SSOP Doctor of Pharmacy curriculum and serve as a model for a community–based pharmacist practitioner. As resources allow, the position may require travel throughout the state of Montana at times to visit, coordinate, integrate and engage state and pharmacy stakeholders. The successful candidate will engage in scholarly activities commensurate with a tenure track position at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Position is full-time, 12-month, 1.0 FTE, Assistant Professor and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an ACPE-accredited institution or equivalent degree
- Eligible for pharmacy licensure in the state of Montana
- Three (3) years of experience as a community – based pharmacist practitioner or in a rural site or completion of pharmacy residency in a community or mixed community/ambulatory care
- Eligible to precept pharmacy students in the state of Montana
- Strong record of research and publication history
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Completion of PGY-1 residency in community practice areas
- Completion of PGY-2 residency in mixed community/ambulatory practice areas
- Board certification in ambulatory care, geriatrics or pharmacotherapy or other credentialing of chronic disease state medication management (e.g., CDE, AE)
- Experience with telepharmacy or telehealth experience with MTM and other chronic disease management services
- Experience in the education of pharmacy students or other health professions students
- History of applying for an/or obtaining extramural funding
About UM and Missoula
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- State of Montana
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment. In accordance with University policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference - Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References - *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing - Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility - All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: May 27, 2021
Applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. Application review will begin after the date above and continue until the position is filled with an anticipated start date autumn 2021.
Please submit the following application materials via "New Resume/CV" button below.
*Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – addressing the stated required qualifications for the position
- Detailed curriculum Vitae listing education and describing work experience
- Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website .
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular