Administrative Associate II, Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Administration invites applications for an Administrative Associate II to join their team. Under the direction of the Associate Director of Customer Care, the person assigned to this position will provide excellent customer to students navigating the process of applying for and receiving aid. This role will also be responsible for performing the clerical duties related to processing Federal Direct Loans, private student loans, federal and state work-study programs, and scholarship programs.
The person assigned to this position is expected to be a smart, analytical, creative individual, who has a philosophy of exceptional customer service, is a quick learner, is able to problem solve and troubleshoot, is comfortable with complexity and continual change, is an excellent communicator, is good at reconciling data, can effectively and professionally manage conflict, and possesses an interest in becoming part of a dedicated team.
This position requires incumbent to develop a working knowledge of Federal and State aid regulations and UM policies and procedures; Banner, COD, NSLDS, and Microsoft Office; and become familiar with CyberBear, UM Financial Aid website, FAFSA.gov, and studentaid.gov to the degree of being able to assist a student with navigating through them.
- Must be able to understand and effectively communicate complex policies to customers and staff
- Must have good mathematic/accounting skills and have great attention to detail
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to have consistently positive interpersonal interactions with students, families, agency representatives, faculty and staff
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality when working with proprietary information
- Must be able to adjust quickly to changing job demands
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot customer needs
- Must be able to use standard office equipment including copiers, fax machine, ten-key adding machine, multi-line phone system
- Must have demonstrated skills in the operation of personal computers and related word processing, spreadsheet, and database software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) with the ability to learn other software
- Must be able to be granted access to federal aid databases (meaning the person assigned to this role cannot be in default on any federal loans)
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and two (2) years of higher education and/or related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About Financial Aid and UM
We, the staff of the financial aid office, in order to support the educational goals of students, equitably distribute financial resources to an economically diverse population within the bounds of imposed regulations, providing a depth of service corresponding to the needs of our community.
We strive to build the reputation of the university by being courteous, knowledgeable and approachable to all. We endeavor to effectively use technology and continually seek to improve our communication and processes. We embrace each staff member’s strengths, creating a positive environment where all can thrive
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate II
Position Number: 006800
Department: Financial Aid Administration
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner