International Outreach & Admissions Coordinator
Posting Number NC00151P Quick Link for Position https://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1826 Working Title International Outreach & Admissions Coordinator Position Number Department Office of VC Student Affairs About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The University has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoor enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within the city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully-manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in the NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department
OIR provides information on a wide range of topics, including admissions, immigration issues, financial questions, social and cultural differences, study abroad, student affairs, and resources at the University of Arkansas Fort Smith and in the community.
The position reports to the Director of International Relations and is a vital member of the International Relations team. He/she will primarily be responsible for ensuring good flow through the admissions pipeline via various modes of consistent communication. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring the University stays in good standing with USCIS and Homeland Security concerning F and J visa regulations. This person will be responsible for creating and executing holistic programing to help with student acculturation, development and success.
Summary of Job Duties
• Assist with recruitment of new international students with a focus on regional target areas. This includes but is not limited to processing applications, running reports, working with social media, emailing prospective students and families, working with local high schools, community colleges, and domestic/overseas agents.
• Assist the Primary Designated School Official ( PDSO ) and Responsible Officer (RO) in insuring our immigration compliance with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services by initiating the Homeland Security paperwork flow and maintaining SEVIS accounts.
• Provide advisement and assistance with Study Abroad opportunities and procedures to students, staff and faculty. Additionally, this role will be responsible for communicating to partner universities concerning deadlines, application procedures, insurance requirements and immigration information.
• Organize special events such as Orientation Week, International Education Week, International Festival, campus tours, local travel events, workshops, etc.
• Help to oversee student workers and manage the day-to-day requirements of the office such as processing invoices, requisitions, and ordering daily office supplies.
• Provide holistic advisement and programming to all international students.
• Assist the Executive Director with clerical and administrative support and other daily tasks.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and to provide leadership for subordinates.
• Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• This description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
• Other duties as assigned.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
Master’s Degree, 1-3 years experience in admissions; experience with SEVIS and processing F-1/J-1 documentation; proficiency in written and oral Spanish, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, or Vietnamese.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
• Ability to prepare, present and review oral and written information and reports.
• Ability to meet regulatory eligibility to be a DSO / ARO .
• Ability to develop, interpret and apply policies and procedures.
• Ability to organize and maintain filing and scanning procedures.
• Ability to operate various computer programs and CRMs.
• High level of cross-cultural communication with employees, students, and the general public, maintaining confidentiality in daily operations, and to conduct daily duties in a professional manner.
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and develop realistic action plans.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and duties as assigned; and to adapt to changes in work environment, manage completing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
Special Job Dimensions
Organizational and interpersonal skills are required. Work is primarily performed in an office setting. Occasional extended walking, bends and lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required. The individual must be able to work independently and finish tasks accurately and on time. May be required to work additional evening or weekend hours.
Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm. Some weekends and nights.
Salary $28,000-$30,000 Benefits
Competitive benefits package
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check. Position requires employee complete Arkansas Mandated Reporter training prior to employment.
Open Date 04/27/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, apply by May 12, 2021.
Anticipated start date 06/14/2021 EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Proof of Veteran Status
- Additional Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- International Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith