ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RECRUITMENT
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF STUDENT RECRUITMENT
Director of Enrollment and Student Success
June 1st 2021
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking an Associate Director of Student Recruitment to develop, coordinate and execute a national and international student recruitment strategy for its location in Rwanda, Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa).
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Associate Director of Student Recruitment, you will manage specific student recruiting programs and events that engage with potential student applicants, and represent CMU-Africa at local and international graduate student recruitment fairs and events. While specific responsibilities will vary, they will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Works with the Director of Enrollments and Student Success to develop and execute student recruiting strategies and specific activities to attract students to CMU-Africa’s programs and create a diverse pipeline that meets or exceeds admissions targets. Represents the CMU-Africa programs at recruitment events.
- Executes a strategy to target recruitment efforts by cultivate existing community partnerships, establishing new partnerships to diversify recruitment pool and ensure a robust recruitment pipeline
- Proactively develops and executes multiple outreach channels including social media, networking events, and presentations with community partners to ensure diversity in the candidate pool.
- Advises prospective students about the applications process and of the academic and extracurricular offerings at CMU-Africa. Meets with visiting prospective students to advise them of educational opportunities at the university.
- Assists with writing promotional pieces, correspondence and other papers to support recruiting efforts.
- Develop tools to measure the effectiveness of recruitment efforts as well as prepares and submits regular reports on recruiting effort.
- Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries from applicants concerning the application process, notification, financial aid information, conditions and program requirements
- Perform related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in relevant fields
- 3 - 5 years of academic admissions / student recruitment experience preferred
- A sales and marketing background in high-growth organizations may also be considered
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French a plus
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a wide variety of people; intuitive, empathic communicator who can quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility. Experience speaking to both large and small groups
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students and others from diverse cultural and educational backgrounds
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated success with virtual recruitment and outreach activities Strategic thinker with a clear understanding and comfort with data and how it informs programming and performance; one who can recognize trends, analyze data, and drive strategic recommendations
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential, and a strong commitment to the mission of CMU-Africa
- Ability to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally is essential
Please follow the link below to apply for this position - http://bit.ly/ADiSR_CMU