ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF IMPACT
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF IMPACT
Executive Director of CMU-Africa
June 1st 2021
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking an Associate Director of Impact to lead the Impact function and provide support in formulating strategic outcomes for all programs and initiatives for its location in Rwanda, Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa). This role will lead the development of the impact measurement framework and its implementation.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Associate Director of Impact, you will be a key leader and technical advisor, working closely with CMU-Africa’s leadership team on development planning, and monitoring and evaluation of all CMU-Africa programs and initiatives. The scope of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Partners with the leadership of CMU Africa in formulating strategic outcomes.
- Defines measurable and evaluable outcomes and associated tools.
- Leads impact processes that inform strategy and program development.
- Leads the alignment of program impact with key stakeholder requirements and systems for measuring impact.
- Leads knowledge translation activities, working in partnership with the communications team to map audiences and develop engagement strategies that seek to promote value-addition by CMU-Africa’s measurement and impact narratives.
- In partnership with the AD of Diversity & Inclusion, provides support on program planning and implementation to analyze root causes and eliminate systemic barriers to opportunities that are inclusive of underrepresented and marginalized populations
- Support the development of methods, tools and techniques for measuring the outcomes of programs and corresponding impact narratives
- Conducts audit of existing programs/processes and make recommendations on how to refine goals and processes to maximize impact and outcomes
- Leads the development and implementation of a holistic and culturally relevant methodologies and instruments for assessments, measurement and activities that enables the understanding, measurement and narration of inclusion
- Provides advise and recommendations at the initiation of any new program/proposal to ensure clear outcomes and impact are embedded and clearly articulated
- Contributes a strong evaluation and impact assessment perspective to developing impact insights, measurement and narratives that resonate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required, Master’s Degree preferred 5 – 8 years of experience in research methods, evaluation and learning, with demonstrated technical expertise in qualitative research methods, tool design, validation and data analysis and other relevant fields.
- Strong familiarity and experience leading the development of M&E policies. Fluency in both spoken and written English and French a bonus
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrated ability to apply a range of tech-enabled tools for data collection, analysis, reporting, and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate research protocols, review processes and management of big data with government, academic institutions and industry
- Experience in participatory approaches and demonstrated commitment to gender inclusion and youth engagement. Deep familiarity with national and regional mandated institutions responsible for collecting, collating, and analyzing data for the purpose of measuring and reporting on outcomes and impacts.
- Deep knowledge of local research and evaluation methods. Skills and competency to develop
- Measurable Outcomes and Impacts, as well as methods and tools for measuring same within mandated institutions. Understanding of systems thinking and strong ability to develop and test theories of change and associated practice tools as they may be relevant and appropriate for indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated cross cultural competency and the ability to navigate diverse cultures
- A dynamic thinker with effective experience in stakeholder engagement and policy influencing. This can include experience working in community-based organizations, governance and related councils/commissions, regional and national government and the private sector.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change, and ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a track record of pivoting in response to opportunities and challenges.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please use the subject header “Associate Director of Impact” and be sure to highlight relevant experience and your goal in applying for this position.
****Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis*****
Apply for ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF IMPACT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Development & Advancement Executive Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda