ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Executive Director of CMU-Africa
June 1st 2021
Carnegie Mellon University is seeking an Associate Director of Diversity and Inclusion to lead the development, implementation and monitoring of inclusion initiatives and plans for its location in Rwanda, Carnegie Mellon University Africa (CMU-Africa). This position is responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment. This newly established role reports to the Executive Director of CMU-Africa and collaborates with the Director of CMU Africa, the Director of Student Success and Enrollment, the Director of Business Operations and the Associate Director of Impact, and other key stakeholders across campus, to work through sensitive diversity issues and build a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment.
About Carnegie Mellon University
Established out of a partnership between Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and the Government of Rwanda, CMU-Africa is addressing the critical shortage of high-quality engineering talent required to accelerate the economic development and digital transformation of Africa—home to the fastest growing workforce in the world. CMU-Africa was established in 2011 and is the only U.S. research university offering its master’s degrees with full-time faculty, staff and operations in Africa. CMU’s presence in Rwanda provides a platform to engage in Africa’s most significant opportunities and challenges across the continent through world-class education and contextually relevant research.
Our vision is to educate and empower the next generation of African leaders and innovators by delivering a world-class educational experience. CMU-Africa’s mission is to produce creative and technically strong engineers, who have been trained in the African context, and prepared to make transformative impact in their communities and the world.
We are a fast-growing campus with about 150 enrolled students, aiming to grow to 400 in the next couple of years. Our size and exponential growth create a sense of camaraderie and excitement, with strong community ties and a compound sense of accomplishment in our team members, contributing towards mutually beneficial relationships between staff and students.
As CMU-Africa’s Associate Director of Diversity and Inclusion, you will be a key leader and technical advisor, owning strategic inclusion practices and initiatives within CMU-Africa, and responsible for coaching and mentoring faculty, staff and students. The scope of responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Creates and manages strategic inclusion plans for CMU-Africa, monitoring progress towards goals with focus on continuous improvement.
- Leads, coaches and mentors faculty, staff and students in inclusion best practices.
- Promotes a diverse, culturally competent and respectful work environment.
- Coordinates with other university diversity leaders on university wide initiatives.
- Works with marginalized and underrepresented populations both within CMU Africa and in the greater community.
- Acts as technical advisor on diversity and inclusion matters, to all constituents within CMU-Africa
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in Diversity and / or Inclusion roles Working experience in developing and implementing inclusion programs. Strong familiarity and experience leading the development of inclusion policies. Fluency in both spoken and written English and French a bonus
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in participatory approaches and demonstrated commitment to gender inclusion and youth engagement.
- Skills and competency to develop measurable outcomes and impact, as well as methods and tools for measurement Understanding of systems thinking and strong ability to develop and test theories of change and associated practice tools as they may be relevant and appropriate for marginalized and underrepresented communities.
- A dynamic thinker, you bring effective experience in stakeholder engagement and policy influencing. This can include experience working in community-based organizations, governance and related councils/commissions, regional and national government and the private sector.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change, and ability to adapt to changing priorities within a fast-paced work environment with a “roll up the sleeves” attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with a track record of pivoting in response to opportunities and challenges.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com Please use the subject header “Associate Director of Diversity and Inclusion” and be sure to highlight relevant experience and your goal in applying for this position.
****Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis*****
Apply for ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Rwanda