Assessment Services Supervisor, #34665
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Assessment Services Supervisor who serves as the chief student testing services officer for the College. The supervisor serves as the College's Chief Examiner for HiSet and Pearson Vue testing functions and administers placement instruments, make-up exams, and other tests on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises all Assessment Center staff and ensures that excellent customer service is available to all testing candidates, and campus and community stakeholders.
- Manages and maintains the Assessment Center schedule and calendar for all assessment functions and ensures an optimal and efficient use of time and staff services.
- Serves as HISET and Pearson Vue Chief Examiner and is responsible for all aspects of those assessment functions.
- Ensures all Assessment Center staff are trained on all aspects of the Center's assessment instruments, procedures, and post assessment information debriefing for all testing candidates.
- Responsible for the administration and results interpretation of all Assessment Center instruments.
- Responsible for advising the Vice President for Student Services on the selection and use of various testing instruments, mandates and policies regarding testing and assessment, and technology necessary to operate the Assessment Center.
- This position is responsible for ensuring all students and testing candidates receive accurate and timely information during the post assessment session, which includes but is not limited to next steps on the enrollment pathway.
- Responsible for the management of the Assessment Center budget.
- Responsible for the creation and updating of an Assessment Center manual of standard operating procedures that is accessible to all Assessment Center staff.
- Working with the Assessment Center staff, is responsible for the creation of accurate collateral information materials.
- Collaborates with faculty and staff across various departments and offices to identify and implement improvements to the assessment tool and process.
- Prepares a monthly report to the Vice President for Student Services that details the number of testing candidates and assessment instruments administered.
- Bachelor's degree in a field related to higher education,
- Two (2) years of full-time experience in a higher education setting in a student services or business office related area, and
- Two (2) years documented computer and data base system experience
- Two (2) years of full-time direct experience in higher education testing or assessment center,
- Supervisory experience in a higher education setting, and
- Community college experience
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: Please attach a cover letter with your application that details how you meet the qualifications for this position and your management style. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.