About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private, not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Its career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for professional life from their very first semester. For the fifth year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2020 regional rankings and listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 385 Colleges" in 2020. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and is recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes. The College offers 30 undergraduate degrees as well as online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
Champlain's Centers of Experience provide students from across all majors with experiential learning environments that guide them in how to take their classroom knowledge and put it to the test in practical applications allowing them to gain real-world experience firsthand. Each Center connects Champlain to the local community and the world, turning theory into practice. The Centers entrust students with responsibility, engage them in ambitious goals and empower them to lead with creativity, confidence, insight, and integrity. At the helms of the Centers are cutting-edge industry professionals who share the goal of providing the most relevant, career-focused education, enriched with hands-on learning opportunities.
Champlain College is looking for an enthusiastic Coordinator- Prospective Student to own the accurate input and management of select prospect data into TargetX, including correct data code entry. This role will plan, execute, and manage daily prospect mailings using Conga. They will be responsible for the printing and mailing of decision letters and follow-up letters to admitted students. This individual will work as a liaison between Student Ambassadors and Admission Operations Student workers in the coordination of daily work. The Coordinator will handle the logistics of publication inventory in coordination with Physical Plant. Their work will ensure the organization of all incoming paperwork pertaining to Applicant files. Additionally, they will assist with application processing, answering phone calls, responding to emails, ordering supplies, and other duties as assigned.
Prospect Data & Paperwork Management
- Accurate input of student data into TargetX as needed. This includes determining correct codes for data entry & accurate manual input of transcripts and test scores into TargetX.
- Use Conga to print letters, envelopes and labels and coordinate the sorting, stuffing and mailing of all letters and publications within a 24 hour turnaround time period.
- Coordinate publication inventory and associated logistics
Coordinate and mail decision letters and follow-up letters to admitted students.
- Print decision letters and assemble accept packets, checking to ensure that letters are accurate and accept packets are complete. Print and mail deny letters.
- Prepare and mail follow-up letters to admitted students to include President Letters, Dean Letters and various informational booklets.
- Work with Financial Aid in coordinating the mailing of Financial Aid awards as applicable with decision letters.
Office liaison between Student Ambassadors and Admission Operations Student workers in the coordination of daily work and select special projects.
- Serve as point person in Operations to work with the Student Ambassadors and Operations Student Workers on daily work and select special projects. This includes providing instruction on projects and following up to ensure the job is being done effectively.
Ensure the organization of all incoming paperwork pertaining to Applicant files
- Manage daily incoming mail and prepare for imaging. Scan and link documents to student records using ImageNow.
- Scan incoming paper and electronic documents and link to records of prospective students and applicants.
- Coordinate scanning and linking of documents with Operations Student Workers as needed.
- Order Coffee and Water for Perry Hall. Student Ambassadors will manage and provide inventory.
General operations duties including answering phones, monitoring incoming emails, and processing applications and paperwork as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service over the phone to prospective students and their families making note of pertinent details in student's record in TargetX. Answer questions, direct callers to appropriate departments and schedule visits as needed.
- Manage responses to the main Admission email account and Admission Ops email account. Fully research and provide timely answers to questions from prospective students and families and Admission Counselors. Update email templates as needed.
- Assist in processing applications and application documents during peak admission times.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
For more information and to apply, please go to