About Champlain College:
This position is for GMHEC
The Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium, located in northern Vermont, was founded by Champlain College, Middlebury College and Saint Michael's College in 2013. The Consortium aims to help its members to lower costs, increase the quality of services and add strategic value to our members.
The Consortium and its members strive to leverage shared technology, create best processes and service our organizations. With the creation of a Shared Services organization, we are committed to building an infrastructure that supports each College's strategic plan and allows for the addition of new members.
We provide a meaningful benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement with a generous match, paid time off and a well-being program. This position provides a unique learning and career growth opportunity in an innovative environment.
The Green Mountain Higher Education Consortium (GMHEC) provides Benefits Services to its member institutions. The Benefits Analyst is an integral member of the Benefits Team and is responsible for ensuring the accuracy, integrity, timeliness, and availability of benefits-related data. The Benefits Analyst will ensure that benefits data is entered/audited in the system, will create benefit reports and analytics, reconcile data with related systems (HR, payroll, vendors, A/P, etc.), process monthly benefits billing, calculate manual benefits payments, etc. Ongoing work will include supporting functional data integrations, process testing and user acceptance testing during upgrades. Assisting in ensuring data uploads/downloads and workflows function properly and will provide data analytics, troubleshooting and reporting.
This position is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state laws and institutional policies, building best business processes, day to day transactions, and communicating with employees and HR teams as needed.
As a part of the GMHEC Benefits Team this position is responsible for providing a high level of customer service to our member institutions. We are guided by our principles which recognize that our member organizations come first, continuous process improvement is a given, communication is transparent and visible, and we value our unique culture which includes being innovative, flexible, and focused on wellbeing.
The position reports to the People Services Strategic Leader and will be located in Shelburne, Vermont however a hybrid remote work model may also be utilized.
The Benefits Analyst responsibilities include:
- Supporting Oracle HCM and Payroll processes to ensure accuracy of benefits data on a daily basis.
- Ensuring data quality by reviewing payroll and benefits related error reports (missing deduction, etc.) provided by internal systems and/or vendors, troubleshooting and correcting problems.
- Working thru functional issues related to file integrations to vendors and other systems.
- Assisting in the daily operation, and maintenance of benefits module in Oracle HCM including functional testing along with operational duties.
- Performing regular audits of benefits data to ensure integrity and that programs are being administered according to plan guidelines; interacts with benefits carriers and HCM vendor support to ensure all benefit plans are set-up and functioning properly.
- Participating in ongoing compliance work as needed to include nondiscrimination testing andinternal and external audits by providing, analyzing, and submitting data as directed and within required deadlines. Assisting is ensuring plan compliance with plan document and ERISA and IRS regulations.
- Maintaining and monitoring complex reporting required by the Affordable Care Act
- Assisting with annual Open Enrollment activities including pre- and post-open enrollmentauditing and system testing.
- Assisting in retirement plan tracking and analysis.
- Responding to data requests by generating reports, preparing spreadsheets and graphs. Using reporting tools), design, document, implement and monitor ad hoc and ongoing reports in HR systems.
- Reconciles monthly insurance invoices and preparing invoices for payments. Partnering with third party administrators, brokers, or internal sources to investigate data or billing discrepancies.
- Providing direct benefits customer service to support employees (future, current and past) thru our service center.
- Documenting internal business processes.
- Working collaboratively with our Payroll and Benefits Team, supporting where needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel (including pivots and VLOOKUP), Outlook, Access a plus
- Google Suite: Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar and Adobe Acrobat
- Payroll/benefits software
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles
- Benefits processing
- Data collection, data entry and reporting
- Meeting deadlines for daily, weekly, annual, and project workload goals
- Organize and prioritize work, take initiative, resolve problems, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Recognize several likely causes of events, analyze relationships among several parts of a problem. or situation, and formulate a multi-step response if required.
- Build strong, positive relationships with external and internal contacts.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Work closely with others in a small cooperative office in an open office environment and/or in a remote environment.
- Meet deadlines for daily, weekly, annual, and project workload goals.
- Independently achieve results and self-direct work responsibly
- Deeply commit to continual process improvement and learning
- Contribute to a leading edge, creative team that is highly focused on success for our College partners.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of benefits management experience
- PHR or CBP a plus
- The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Application materials must include a resume and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
- The Consortium does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV-positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law and does not discriminate in the administration of its employment practices or other Consortium-administered programs. The Consortium will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants for employment and employees. Please contact the Executive Director at 802.443.2304 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at the Consortium and if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at the Consortium.
- The Consortium is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing thatdiversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, the Consortium strivesto be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Consortium community are valued as individuals.
- The Consortium seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences and service to thecommunity can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity, and customer service excellence of theConsortium. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume and cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
For more information and to apply, please go to