Job no: 495811
SUNY Budget Title: Residence Hall Director
Work type: Full time
Department: Residential Life
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary:
The Office of Residential Life and Learning Communities at SUNY Brockport, State University of New York, invites applications for current and anticipated openings for the position of Resident Director.
The Resident Director's responsibilities include the following:
- Master's degree in College Student Personnel, Higher Education, Counseling or related field by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university or Master's degree in progress with at least 12 matriculated credits.
- Ability to work in a diverse college population and commitment to creating an inclusive environment.
- Ability to create and execute educational student learning and development programs/interventions.
- Ability to respond to crisis and emergency situations within Residence Life housing population.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with students and staff.
- Must be able to climb stairs, complete rounds, and physically respond to duty calls within residence halls across campus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on departmental initiatives including Living Learning Communities and Residential Education/Curriculum.
- Experience designing and implementing student learning outcomes.
- Experience with current technology initiatives such as Maxient, CBORD Odyssey HMS, Starfish, myInvolvment, CampusLabs Baseline, and SCT Banner information system.
This is a live in position that includes a furnished apartment and food allowance. Initial one year appointment with the possibility of one year renewals up to five years upon an annual successful performance review. This position is not eligible for permanency.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. New York State Executive Order: Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement: We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success. SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/495811/resident-director