Nursing Enrollment and Evaluations Specialist (Nursing) - Riverside City College
Nursing Enrollment and Evaluations Specialist (Nursing) - Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
$4,894 - $5,958
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
June 30, 2022 with the possibility of extension pending funding.
Under the supervision of the Dean-School of Nursing, performs tasks related to the evaluation of student academic records and duties related to nursing student guidance information, outreach, enrollment, course prerequisites, and other counseling services which do not require the professional competencies of a credentialed counselor.
An associate degree from an accredited institution.
two years experience working in office practices. Experience working with academic records in higher education is highly desirable.
college academic policies and procedures, including graduation and transfer requirements; modern office practices and procedures including word processing, filing, and answering phones.
maintain confidential and comprehensive files and records; possess a familiarity with college curriculum; possess a familiarity with college curriculum; communicate orally and in writing; make sound judgments and decisions; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and communicate effectively with officials, faculty members, employees, students, and the public.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, students, faculty and other departmental staff.
Normal office and laboratory environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in developing and implementing policies and procedures as they relate to the evaluation of nursing student academic records.
2. Evaluates and submits course equivalencies, course substitutions, credit by exams, and other course prerequisite criteria to complete course prerequisite validation. Functions as primary individual responsible for completing all nursing student prerequisite validations.
3. Evaluates all nursing student academic records for AA/AS degrees and certificates.
4. Performs quality control audits to ensure degree and certificate requirements and other appropriate standards are met.
5. Provides guidance information related to School of Nursing policies and procedures.
6. Assists Dean and counselors in providing assessment and orientation services.
7. Assists Dean and counselors in providing outreach services to district high schools, middle and elementary schools, clinical facilities, and service organizations.
8. Assists Nursing students during registration.
9. Assists Dean and counselors in providing Nursing career information on all RCCD campuses.
10. Functions as Nursing liaison and academic policy resource for the counseling office.
11. Assists with in-service training for adjunct and full-time counselors.
12. Composes correspondence and maintains files and records related to the enrollment operations of the
School of Nursing for the nursing programs and for dissemination to external agencies.
13. Maintains confidential student health and background check records and determines when requirements have been met.
14. Trains and provides technical supervision to hourly employees and assigns and oversees their work.
15. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
16. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
17. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The college provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit. Employees working less than 20 hours per week are not eligible for this benefit package.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Please attach transcript from highest degree earned
Optional Applicant Documents:
Associate or Equivalent Transcript
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated Start Date: June 2021
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 1st or 2nd week of June.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* An electronic, RCCD on-line application must be completed to be considered. All portions of the application must be entirely filled out with all information qualifying an applicant for the position. Only information on the official RCCD application (not resumes) will be considered to determine whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements for the position for which he/she is applying.
* All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically with the online application.
* Letters of reference, IF REQUIRED, must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Human Resources & Employee Relations at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit: