Director, ETS Programs (2574)
Director, ETS Programs (2574)
Posting Number: req1225
Working 12 months per year
Pocatello - Main
Manage recruitment and delivery of program services for (2) TRIO Talent Search grants located over 250 miles throughout south central and eastern Idaho.
- Supervision and Management: Supervise, an Assistant Director and six Advisor/Planners, as well as several students and part-time temporary employees.
- Work alongside, the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs/Director of UB/UBMS Programs and 3 other TRIO Directors (TRIO SSS/McNair Director, TRIO VUB Director, and TRIO EOC Director) to create a university culture of access and success for underserved students.
- Supervises pre-college youth staff to plan and implement academic year programming for 1600 participants.
- Supervise and guide the pre-college youth staff, develop strategies for determining student eligibility, methods of recruitment and documentation and will analyze data to monitor student progress and evaluation of services.
- Supervise services provided at four campus sites (Pocatello, Idaho Falls, Burley, and Twin Falls as well as 17 high schools). This requires monthly travel to each outreach site for supervision of services.
- Preparation of Annual Performance Reports for four grants, including monitoring project progress toward achieving objectives using Blumen software, documents program performance and gathers information for the report.
- Supervises activities with pre-college youth staff to ensure a schedule of programs and school activities are developed, activities are implemented, time frames set, implementation of required services, coordination of student activities, career, cultural and college events.
- Provides evaluation of pre-college youth staff.
- Conducts public relations and represents programs.
- Provides Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs updates formally and informally.
- Provides feedback to pre-college youth staff about daily activities and troubleshoots issues.
- Will complete additional work assignments from the Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs that come about because of program changes, USDOE changes or requests, University changes or requests.
Master’s degree in counseling, education, psychology, student personnel, public administration, business, or related field; training experience with writing grants, experience working with programs focused on postsecondary placement, experience working with diverse populations, especially pre-college youth, knowledge of student development theories related to recruitment and retention of pre-college youth students; experience managing and expending federal grant monies in accordance with federal guidelines, experience monitoring project day-to-day operations and a grant progress towards achieving its goals and objectives.
Training and experience writing complex federal grants; supervision of TRIO or TRIO-like program experience; demonstrated ability to network with university departments and collaborate across programs; bilingual (English/Spanish).
Please submit the following documents with your
CV/Resume, Cover Letter, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans' preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pocatello
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pocatello
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pocatello
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pocatello
- Counseling Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pocatello