Associate Director, Campus Visit Experience
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Associate Director, Campus Visit Experience.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director will be responsible for the overall coordination of exemplary campus visit experiences for prospective students, families and educators. The campus visit experience at Lynn takes a highly individualized and personalized approach to showcasing the university's academic, cultural, social and athletic environments to visitors. The campus visit program plays a vital role in the success of the Office of Admission and has been recognized nationally in University Business, Inside Higher Ed and the New York Times.
- Develop and manage strategic visit experience programs and events that support the attainment of enrollment goals for the Office of Admission.
- Supervise the campus visit experience team to ensure outstanding customer service and engagement for prospective students, families, groups and educators on campus.
- Implement and execute strategic virtual programming for respective constituent groups to showcase the university.
- Design and execute a variety of special events on behalf of the Office of Admission, confirming that all events and staff assignments are accurately reflected internally and externally.
- Oversee the planning, execution and assessment of individual and group visit programming.
- Develop effective processes and delegate tasks to execute positive and successful events/visits for campus visitors.
- Prepare, interpret and analyze event, visit and staff budgets and manage resources related to the campus visit experience effectively.
- Prepare reports and analyze data related to campus visit programs and events to determine new strategies to enhance the yield from the campus visit program.
- Collaborate with a wide range of faculty, staff, current students and Lynn parents to ensure a dynamic and engaging experience for varying audiences.
- Supervise the Campus Visit Coordinator and three Campus Visit Specialists who assist with scheduling, planning and executing all programming/events on-campus and virtually.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, training as well as management of the Student Admission Ambassador (SAA) program comprised of 75+ students.
- Stay abreast of trends in higher education and visitor services industries, where relevant.
- Consistently raise the awareness of the importance of the campus visit experience among campus community members.
- Assist Office of Admission student supervisors in the hiring and management of their student staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
- Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
- Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to a diverse group of management and staff.
- Strong supervisory skills and ability to provide feedback and manage performance.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
- Ability to work a varied schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and basic interactions in order to communicate with prospective students.
- Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team environment.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize work effectively.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a master’s degree will be given preference.
- Three years of progressive admission and higher education experience required.
- Supervisory experience essential for candidate consideration.
- Depending on experience, candidates may instead be considered for the same role at the senior assistant director level.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.