Professor/Associate Professor, Head of Animation and Visual Effects, Non-Tenure Track, August 2021
Chapman University seeks applications for a full-time faculty
position, heading animation and visual effects for its nationally
recognized Dodge College of Film and Media Arts beginning August
Chapman University is a nationally-ranked institution offering traditional undergraduate and graduate programs in the heart of Orange County, one of Southern California’s most diverse and vibrant regions. The University achieved R2 status in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education, a distinction held by just 10 percent of all U.S. universities and is ranked as #124th among Best National Universities by US News and World Report (2021). Our faculty include academic leaders who excel in research, publishing and world-class teaching in our 11 schools and colleges, including Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. Dedicated to forward-looking, personalized education, we create an environment for unlimited achievement by both our students and faculty. Dodge College is ranked #6 in the nation, among film schools by The Hollywood Reporter. More information about the university and Dodge College is available at https://www.chapman.edu/dodge/index.aspx.
Chapman University is dedicated to forward-looking, personalized education, and ongoing engagement with diversity and inclusion in people. We create an environment for unlimited achievement by both our students and faculty and are committed to strengthening our culture represented by the multi-ethnic opportunities drawn from the marketplace. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. More information on diversity and inclusion at Chapman University is available at https://www.chapman.edu/diversity.
We invite applications from outstanding candidates with diverse
research and teaching perspectives based on non-traditional
educational backgrounds. The ideal candidate will have professional
and teaching experience in one or more areas, including but not
1. 2D and 3D animation and production; modeling, rigging and lighting; visual effects production; game design/development; motion capture.
2. Expertise in and ability to teach software and other tools currently used in animation, visual effects and game design, including Adobe, Toon Boom, Unity, Unreal, Maya, Nuke, Houdini.
3. Experience in multi-disciplinary collaboration.
Professional industry experience in film, television, games or related industries is required.
Teaching experience is preferred.
MFA or other terminal degree in film, animation, games, computer science, or a related field is preferred but not essential; or at least 10 years professional experience in the film, tv or game industry, preferred.
Faculty duties include teaching, academic advising, and service
to Dodge College and Chapman University. The teaching load is 18-21
credits per academic year, in addition to continued professional
work and/or research and scholarship.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
1. Lead the program, map out vision for its future and spearhead plans for growth.
2. Teach courses in the Animation and Visual Effects program.
3. Mentor undergraduate students.
4. Create courses and develop curriculum to align with current and emerging industry standards.
5. Explore opportunities for multi-disciplinary collaboration.
6. Maintain industry relations to enhance student internship and career opportunities.
7. Contribute to developing a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion for all constituents.
Qualified applicants are required to submit a Chapman University
faculty application, cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three
letters of professional recommendation online at:
Madeline Warren, Search Chair
C/O Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/18519
Please direct any inquiries about the position to Madeline Warren, Search Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use "Animation and Visual Effects Faculty Position" as the email subject line.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications. This position is contingent on final budget approval. Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidate.
Download a copy of the Chapman Faculty Application for Employment here.
Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Chapman University, One University Drive, Orange, CA 92866 Human Resources Department
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange
- Communications Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange
- Digital Media Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange
- Film & Video Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Orange