Research Administration Associate
The Research Administration Associate will support the department faculty by managing the pre- and post-award processes for grant activity assigned in the Department of Medicine. The individual will work along with other members of the central research team to ensure applications are complete and accurate for final submission under supervision of the Research Director. The person in this role is expected to work independently but communicate and collaborate with team members when needed.
- Assists investigators to prepare federal, state and industry grants, contracts and subcontract submissions internally and externally. These submissions can be as small as $50K/year to >$500K a year.
- Serves as liaison between PI and SPO to correct applications and create/execute sub-award agreements.
- Gathers and creates documents necessary for grant submission including budgets, budget justification, other support, statement of work, and communicate timelines to investigator to ensure applications are submitted on time to central office for review and approval.
- Reviews and approves grant applications in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN).
- Ensures investigators and applications are compliant with all guidelines.
- Attends workshops on research administration for continued education and contributes to the development and improvement of the pre-/post- award management process
- Submits invoices to sponsors when applicable.
- Validates incoming sub-award invoices with investigators when applicable.
- Works with section administrator, Grants & Contracts, and Accounting to ensure revenue is routed to appropriate accounts.
- Works with investigators to confirm sourcing of research staff to appropriate accounts monthly.
- Prepares financial reports to track research mission financial for monthly/quarterly/annual review upon request.
- Tracks grant expenses and ensures appropriate use of funds.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Two years of experience in a research administration setting working on federal or non-federal award/grant applications.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston