The employee will serve as a Research Associate for the Forest Modeling Research Cooperative (FMRC), an Industrial Affiliates Program in the Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation at Virginia Tech.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Managing the databases for FMRC field plot installations
• Interacting with FRMC members
• Assisting with data analyses, writing reports, serving as co-author on peer-reviewed publications, and preparing presentations for professional conferences
• Hiring and managing contractors for research plot measurements
• Distributing data and software upon request from cooperators
• Assisting in the installation of new field plot locations
• Participating in organizing FMRC meetings and providing other general support for the FMRC as needed
• M. S. degree with a strong focus on quantitative sciences or bachelor's with significant professional experience in lieu of the advanced degree
• Proficiency in database management and related computing skills
• Experience with forestry field measurements
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with working with contractors
Commensurate with experience
May 15, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Mary Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: April 26, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Home Economics & Consumer Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg