Administrative Assistant II
The University of Colorado Boulder is looking for an Administrative Assistant II to provide a broad-range of administrative support functions for the Department of Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS) clinics, embedded CAPS offices, and the main office at the Center for Community (C4C). This position will provide efficient, friendly, and confidential customer service to CU students, parents, and to faculty and staff as needed. This position will be responsible for general office operations tasks, record management, and other special projects, with more details listed below.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CAPS fosters the well-being of students and helps them succeed by providing a full range of clinical services, consultation, and outreach to the campus community. We also offer outstanding training to the next generation of mental health professionals. CAPS is a multicultural, multidisciplinary, and multi-theoretical staff. We are committed to affirming diversity and seek to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone we serve.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
General Office Operations
- Complete daily front office operations, including answering telephones, directing callers, scheduling appointments, updating computerized appointment schedule and answering financial and logistical questions for a variety of mental health services.
- Greet and check-in patients while creating a warm, welcoming and safe environment with responsive, high quality, confidential customer service for CAPS clients.
- Educate students about services offered at CAPS, while assisting with scheduling, and referring students to appropriate resources.
- Call clients on waitlists as appropriate.
- Form relationships with CAPS staff, offering support to counselors related to client flow and office operations.
- Arrange CAPS’ workshops and group schedules and rosters, set up provider’s schedules on MediCat, connect with Lead’s Team for any urgent modification needs based on patient wait time.
- Serve as a liaison to the assigned provider team.
- Manage end of the day duties and closing the office. Run end of the day reports as necessary.
- Provide cross coverage to different clinic locations as needed.
- Scan patient’s documents into the electronic medical record (EMR). These include documents that arrive by fax, mail, created in CAPS, or hand-delivered.
- Work with multiple software platforms including but not limited to Medicat, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
- Maintain daily functions related to multiple appointment types (checking client history, appropriate coding of appointment reservations and blocks, scanning schedules for errors or omissions, checking on provider appointment times and safety).
Projects Assigned by Supervisor
- Minor cleaning in accordance to Health and Wellness directives and CDC guidelines for optimal clinical hygiene and safety.
- Notify leadership of necessary policy updates, clinic procedures, and other information.
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director of Admin Services.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $35,500.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Resourceful. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Highly personable and customer service mentality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, team-orientation and be highly accountable and responsible.
- Basic computer skills.
- Passion for helping students in a mental health capacity.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience with EMR systems, Microsoft and Google Applications.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by May 9, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder