English Language Center (Continuous Recruitment)
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
International Programs - 33700
External Link to Posting
English Language Center (Continuous Recruitment)
EHRA Non Faculty Temporary
Temp Position Type
FLSA for Position
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The English Language Center is seeking ESL instructors to teach face-to-face and online classes.
This position entails:
• Being present and prepared to teach class at the times designated in the teaching schedule
• Independently preparing and delivering interactive, student-centered lessons; assessing and documenting student learning and progress
• Attending weekly or bi-weekly staff meetings
• Attending and participating in field trips and extra-curricular activities (the number of field trips will be equally divided among all instructors; must have a valid NC Driver license)
• Holding office hours and being available for student advising as the need arises
• Providing students and program coordinator with a syllabus for each course taught within the first week of the program
• Committing to delivering well thought-out lesson plans that meet the varied academic needs of the students and adhere to the Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) as required by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation ( CEA ).
• Setting and accomplishing professional development goals on an on-going basis
• Submitting accurate attendance forms at the end of each term
• Completing and submitting student evaluations/grade reports at the end of each term
• Being available and present to facilitate orientation, placement, evaluation, and graduation procedures
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
A Master’s Degree in TESOL or related field and 3 years of teaching experience (adult instruction/higher education preferred). If degree is not in TESOL, provide evidence of coursework in language teaching methodology, introduction to linguistics, structure of English, second language acquisition, and practicum experience.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Experience teaching or living abroad
Knowledge of a foreign language
Required Certifications or Licensure
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
Hours Per Week
Type of Position
Anticipated Hiring Range
Based on experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note, this is a temporary position. The length of the assignment will be based on department need with the possibility of continuation. Temporary assignments cannot exceed 11 consecutive months without a full 31-day break from employment. Employees in temporary positions are not considered permanent state employees and do not earn leave. Temporary employees are subject to the Affordable Care Act guidelines.
For more info/to apply visit http://jobs.uncw.edu. Applications must be submitted through the online application system to be considered.
Job Posting Date
Job Closing Date
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Number of Openings
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 Professional References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Special Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- English as a Second Language Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington