Institutional Effectiveness Research Analyst
Institutional Effectiveness Research Analyst
External Link to Posting
Location of Workplace
Main UNCW Campus
Institutional Research & Planning - 31700
Academic Affairs - 30000 Division
Brief Summary of Work for this Position
The Institutional Effectiveness Research Analyst position, using multiple instruments and methodologies, will assist with assessment and research functions that support institutional effectiveness (IE) and UNCW accreditation. Responsibilities include the planning, collection, analysis, reporting of course, program, department, divisional, institutional, regional, and national data analyses and reports; develop presentations and trainings to support IE and IE-related initiatives; the development, administration, and analysis of internal and national surveys; managing accreditation activities that support SACSCOC compliance; and providing IE data request analyses.
Successful candidates will be part of a three-person research analyst team, with broad responsibilities related to the support of IE initiatives for the university. Specific activities include faculty reporting, outcomes assessment, and survey development/administration that will be delegated to individual staff members based on specific skills and interests. Cross-training across platforms and responsibilities will be utilized to ensure continuity of operations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Systems or related field, and one year of related training or experience, required
• Background in survey design, analysis, and various quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Ability to gather and interpret data in order to create reports using charts, graphs, statistical applications, and infographics, translating data into easy-to-understand formats, with close attention to detail to ensure the accuracy and integrity of information communicated
• Detailed knowledge MS Excel and SPSS or similar statistical analysis software.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and data reporting & visualization tools
• Demonstrated ability to develop presentations from diverse data sources
• Strong verbal, written communication, and human relations skills with the ability to work with a range of institutional constituencies
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations by promoting and maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be flexible and adaptable by shifting quickly between multiple projects
• Ability to work independently and in a highly participative team environment
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree from an accredited institution in social sciences, higher education, evaluation, and/or related fields
• Knowledge and experience with regional accreditation, preferably SACSOC
• Extensive background using various qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel and SPSS or similar statistical analysis software
• Experience with any of the following: Ellucian Banner, Idea Campus Labs software, Digital Measures, Taskstream AMS, Qualtrics, Tableau, SQL, and Adobe Acrobat DC
Required Certifications or Licensures
Primary Purpose of Organizational Unit
The primary purpose of the Office of Institutional Research and Planning is to collect, maintain and provide official information about the University to meet both internal and external demands for mandated and ad hoc requests while also monitoring policies and processes related to space utilization, assessment and accreditation compliance. Both mandated and Ad hoc requests can be internal (i.e. an Academic Department or Faculty Senate) or external (i.e. UNC System Office, US News and World Report or Delaware Study) The Office is considered a university-wide resource as it provides information about and to all departments within the organization in some form or another. Strategically, the Office is charged with providing research expertise and strategies to study and measure issues within numerous areas on campus including but not limited to enrollment management; enrollment budget planning; student success; space planning and management, and student, faculty and staff satisfaction and perceptions. The Office is purposed to ultimately provide the Chief Executive, the Chief Academic Officer, and other institutional senior leaders with timely, accurate and relevant research to positively impact policy decision making across the University.
The University of North Carolina Wilmington, the state’s coastal university, is dedicated to the integration of teaching, mentoring, research and service. Widely acknowledged for its world-class faculty and staff and continuously recognized at a national level for scholarly excellence and affordability, UNCW offers a powerful academic experience that stimulates creative inquiry and critical thinking and a community rich in diversity, inclusion and global perspectives.
A public institution with nearly 18,000 students, UNCW offers a full range of baccalaureate- and graduate-level programs, as well as doctoral degrees in educational leadership, marine biology, nursing practice and psychology; and many distance learning options, including clinical research, an accelerated RN-to- BSN program, an Executive M.B.A. program structured for working professionals, and the nation’s only bachelor’s degree program focused on coastal engineering.
The university’s efforts to advance research and scholarly activities have earned UNCW the elevated designation of “Doctoral Universities: High Research Activity” institution (R2 University) by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
UNCW has been part of the University of North Carolina System since 1969.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington ( UNCW ), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. UNC Wilmington participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Number of Openings
Special Notes to Applicants
Months Per Year
Type of Position
Anticipated Ending Date if Time-Limited Positions
Job Posting Date
Posting Close Date
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity with UNC Wilmington
- UNCW Website
- UNCW Facebook Page
- UNCW Linkedin Page
- UNCW Twitter Account
- UNCW Employee Referral
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Hispanic Outlook
- Inside Higher Ed
- North Carolina Job Network
- Women In Higher Education
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilmington