Event Planner/Scheduler I
The Event Planner/Scheduler I assists with the scheduling and planning of events in spaces that are managed by Campus Reservations. Serves as part of a team that manages the daily operations of the Cohen Center and Campus Conference Programs.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Schedules and plans university and community events in compliance with university regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Assists customers with scheduling locations that are appropriate for their type of event while utilizing university space most effectively. Routes reservation requests to facility use custodians as required.
• Collaborates with a wide variety of campus constituents and outside contractors to coordinate event logistics.
• Monitors campus events for compliance and implements University policy with regard to the Use of University Facilities, Postings and Solicitation on Campus, Consumption of Alcohol on Campus, Animals on Campus, and Public Expression on Campus.
• Assists with departmental administrative tasks such as inventory, creation of correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed. Enters maintenance and work requests as needed. Maintains scheduler/calendar, email accounts, supply orders, and records pertinent to departmental operations and personnel.
• Serves as essential personnel and provides assistance in the event of an emergency on campus.
Other Job Duties
• Reports building safety, security, and maintenance issues to appropriate department.
• Assists with the coordination of summer camps and conferences utilizing the One Stop Shop business model.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Required Qualifications :
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of relevant full-time experience in administrative support or event planning.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Requires early morning, evening, and weekend hours depending on the Campus Reservations needs and program activities. Hours of operation for Campus Reservations are anticipated to be from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday – Sunday. The work schedule may rotate among available staff on a periodic basis.
Preferred Qualifications :
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Hospitality Management or closely related field.
Two years of full-time experience in event coordination and planning in a higher education setting.
Experience with Resource 25.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
Knowledge of basic accounting principles and practices.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Resource 25 scheduling software.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Skill in editing documents for spelling and grammar.
Excellent customer service skills.
Exceptional event scheduling and coordination skills.
Ability to diffuse and respond professionally to stressful situations and difficult people.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Ability to think critically and make clear, well-reasoned and timely decisions.
Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur.
Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Ability to assume new responsibilities and carry them out in an effective manner.
Pay Range : $15.33 - $16.28 hourly
This posting will close on Sunday, May 9, 2021.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers