Food Service Manager - Tahquitz Pines
Job Title Food Service Manager - Tahquitz Pines Posting Number S906P Classification Title
Responsible for all aspects of the food-service program including the implementation of all applicable health, sanitary, and safety regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepare and serve food, on time, for campers and staff.
2. Be aware of all kitchen needs including inventory, ordering, deliveries, logging, and staffing.
3. Maintain staff listing and create food service schedule.
4. Work with the Tahquitz Pines leadership team to provide an overall positive camp experience
5. Work cooperatively with other kitchen staff to carry out menu preparation and other kitchen needs.
6. ServSafe Manager certificate is required.
7. Receive all food and supplies verifying quantity and quality.
8. Ensure all health codes and kitchen procedures are adhered to.
9. Inspect equipment for safety and perform regular maintenance.
10. Ensure the kitchen is kept clean to the standard developed by camp management and government agencies.
11. Ensure all aspects of food service pass organized camp inspections.
12. Evaluate meals and work on improving the meals served.
13. Ensure that the Tahquitz Pines cuisine is a positive and memorable experience for every camper.
14. Work as a team with cooks to insure the service of balanced meals, proper food storage and sanitation, and safety.
15. Maintain and clean kitchen/pantry, aprons, and towels.
Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
16. Assist in providing support where needed, which could include but not limited to: kitchen/dining room clean-up, maintain camp grounds, volunteer coordination, housekeeping and guest services.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Volunteer or Call-In Workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to lift/unload food and supplies from vehicles to store in kitchen.
Ability to operate and maintain kitchen equipment safely.
Ensure all materials needed for the camp are ordered on time, and that an adequate inventory is always on hand.
Ability to work with and alongside on-call or volunteer workers.
Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Knowledge of food service management and safety.
Able to plan and budget for meals for large groups.
Knowledge of menu planning and food services.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with adults, youth, and the general public.
Ability to interpret written menus and meal plans.
Have a Christian faith commitment, and an interest in working in a Christian camp setting.
Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 04/19/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6446 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside