Project Manager/Business Analyst/Quality Assurance Internships
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Provide project management, business analysis and quality assurance support to the PMO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Management, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance tasks as assigned.
- Assists in the execution and implementation of detailed project plans in concert with stakeholders.
- Assists in managing several routine projects simultaneously and supports PMO Director in ensuring that the design, testing, training, documentation and prioritization objectives are met.
- Assists in refining and re-sequencing during the implementation and execution phases of assigned projects, as needed.
- Works closely with program management office director, project manager, business analysts, technical professionals, end users and project stake holders during the requirements, solutions design and implementation phases to assist in developing project plans for implementation.
- Assist on risk assessment, communication planning, development of performance metrics, and project entry criteria.
- Assists in creating detailed project plans including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation to ensure successful project completion.
- Assist with program status updates to key stakeholders.
- Assist with the design, development, and executing of the communication plan to ensure effective exchange of information between project stakeholders, senior management, and staff.
- Assists in resolving complex project issues that involve representatives from multiple organizations.
- Contributes towards PMO knowledge management including program portfolio presentations, project schedules, issues logs, risks management plans, business process documentation, business requirements documents.
- Research information as needed for analysis by PMO department.
- Assist operations and local quality function in tracking, documenting, and reporting quality of solutions as they pertain to the project goal/KPI's Monitor risk-management procedures and maintain and analyze problem logs to identify and report recurring issues.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All other job-related duties as requested by the PMO Director, CIO/AVP for Technology, Sr. Director of Enterprise Applications.
- Individual may also assist other members of the Information Technology Department, as needed.
PMI institute best practices for project management including:
- Project scheduling
- Issues Management
- Risks Management
- Change Management
- Project Status Reporting
- Business Analysis skills include:
- capturing and documenting
- Business requirements
- Functional requirements
- Business process workflow documentation
- Implementation techniques
- Software Quality Assurance skills include:
- Documentation and execution of software
- Use Case Scenarios testing
- Regression testing
- Software defect tracking and reporting.
29 hours per week for a total of 8 weeks with possible extension to 11 weeks
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be comfortable communicating and working with a wide variety of people from both inside and outside the University.
- This position requires an individual with outstanding organizational skills who can work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be a team player yet can work independently.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; confidently employ office technology; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook etc.) and willing to increase skills as needed.
- Working knowledge of MS Project is highly desirable.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.