Experiential Learning Program Manager, ELCS
The Experiential Learning and Career Success department invites applications for an Experiential Learning Program Manager to join their team. The person assigned to this position coordinates a variety of programs and projects organized and implemented by Experiential Learning & Career Success. The employee in this role is responsible for engaging students in service learning and experiential learning activities, while also helping to grow these programs and create greater access for students.
Specific work responsibilities include:
Campus and Community Programming
- Manage community-based student service learning opportunities and support specialized programs such as ElevateU, internships, undergraduate research, Alternative Breaks, Service Saturdays, and Volunteer Missoula
- Support and liaise with campus and community to offer experiential learning activities and engage students; conduct classroom presentations and individual meetings
- Chair UM Service Learning Advisory Board, lead Service Learning Course Designation process, support and train faculty in development of service learning and experiential curriculum and projects, serve as campus representative with MT Campus Compact, support Student Voter Engagement Committee.
- Develop funding to support student community engagement and experiential learning programs including researching and writing grants
- Manage experiential education faculty funds including advertising and awarding funding
- Oversee two faculty/staff campus awards processes annually
- Oversight and supervision of ELCS student employee(s)
Campus and Community Outreach
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community-based organizations for curricular and co-curricular experiential learning opportunities for students and faculty
- Serve on campus and community committees in a member or leadership role.
- Partner with campus programs, such as TRIO, DSS, AISS, and MT 10, to customize experiential learning opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Service Learning Advisory Board and the UM Data Office, lead and implement service learning student pre-/post-test evaluations, faculty community engagement surveys, and community partner surveys
- Support Partner with Place assessments related to campus and community engagement
- Support ELCS experiential learning platforms and databases
The individual assigned to this position supervises 2 to 4 student employees and will have joint decision-making authority regarding performance, pay, and employment relationship matters regarding these student workers.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, online)
- Ability to coordinate and manage curricular and co-curricular projects and ongoing programs
- Proven supervisory experience
- Knowledge of volunteer program development and assessment strategies
- Knowledge of experiential learning program development; networking and community outreach experience
- Knowledge of marketing and public relations techniques
- Knowledge of or experience in academic service learning
- Knowledge of or experience with fund development
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelors degree in a related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Involvement in higher education experiential learning programs
- Volunteer coordination and community outreach experience
- Experience teaching or facilitating faculty/staff professional development
About the Experiential Learning and Career Success department and UM
Helping students maximize their education through engaging experiences and intentional planning, preparing them for success today and tomorrow.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans' and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Experiential Learning Program Manager (Program Mgr)
Position Number: 009300
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, May 17, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular