Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
The Education University of Hong Kong
Founded in 1994 and awarded the University title in 2016, The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) is a publicly funded university, dedicated to the advancement of learning and teaching through a diverse offering of academic and research programmes up to doctoral level in teacher education and complementary disciplines, such as the social sciences and humanities. The University aspires to further enhance its role as a leading university in the Asia Pacific region and beyond, with a focus on educational research, development and innovation, and recognized for its excellence in nurturing outstanding and caring professionals as well as the impact of scholarship.
The University has an academic/teaching staff strength of about 450 and total student headcount of about 11,000. It has a Graduate School and three Faculties, namely, Faculty of Education and Human Development, Faculty of Humanities, and Faculty of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, comprising 16 academic departments, as well as various University-level and Faculty-level research and professional development centres. For more information about the University, please visit http://www.eduhk.hk.
We are looking for suitable candidate to fill the following position. If you are excited by the prospect of contributing your expertise to the development of a leading university at the heart of Asia Pacific region and beyond, we would like to hear from you.
Dean of the Faculty of Humanities
Reporting to Vice President (Academic) and Provost of the University, the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities is responsible for the dynamic and innovative leadership and management of the Faculty. He/She is a member of the Senior Management Committee who will foster excellence in teaching and learning, research and external relationships in accordance with the University’s vision, mission and strategic plan, and will be responsible for ensuring high standards, consistent with international best practice. Specifically, he/she will:
- contribute to the strategic and academic planning, policy development and leadership of the University, and work collaboratively with other faculties and offices;
- provide effective leadership and direction in strategic and academic planning, policy development as well as research and scholarship to continuously enhance the Faculty’s reputation and performance;
- ensure the effective management of the financial, people, physical and technological resources of the Faculty (including its cognate Departments and Centres) https://www.eduhk.hk/fhm/en/page/homepage to achieve the University’s strategic and academic goals;
- monitor the performance outcomes of the Faculty within the framework of the quality assurance policies and systems of the University; and
- initiate and develop effective local, national, regional and international collaborative relationships with relevant professional associations, the Education Bureau, schools, universities and other education providers and research institutes, as well as driving knowledge transfer initiatives.
Applicants should have a doctoral degree in an area relevant to Humanities, a distinguished, internationally-recognized record of research and scholarship, a proven record of outstanding academic leadership in tertiary institutions, including the management of human and financial resources, budgeting and external networking. The appointee must demonstrate a commitment to leading research and pioneering cutting-edge developments in the relevant disciplines, and possess strong communication and networking skills to rally the support of internal and external stakeholders for the benefit of the Faculty and the University. A good knowledge of local higher education scene and appreciation of the challenges of working in a multicultural context will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be appointed as Chair Professor / Professor or carry an equivalent status commensurate with his / her qualifications and experience, and hold a concurrent appointment as Dean of the Faculty of Humanities. Remuneration package will be highly competitive and attractive fringe benefits will be offered.
Interested parties are invited to send application / nomination to the designated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications/nominations will be treated in strict confidence. Review of applications will start from June 2021, and will continue until the post is filled. However, the University reserves the right not to fill the position advertised or to fill the position by invitation. Only those who are shortlisted will be contacted. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please refer to http://www.eduhk.hk/jobsopp/index.php?glang=en.
Since the incumbent may engage in work involving contacts with persons aged under 18 and/or mentally incapacitated persons, prospective employee(s) will be required to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force if applicable.
EdUHK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Humanities Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Other Humanities Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong
- Deans Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Hong Kong