Posting Number: SRGV5030
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: College of Health Professions / Health and Biomedical Sciences
Scope of Job:
To coordinate the placement of students in clinical, community, and food service settings as well as monitor educational success. Responsible for coordination of relationship between the College, clinical agencies, and students and the coordination of the placement of students in relation to the clinical experiences required.
Description of Duties:
• Interacts with the hospital administrators, Clinic managers, and health providers to establish and maintain rapport.
• Develops a plan for clinical experience for each student placement.
• Performs site visits for the purpose of recruiting new clinical sites for the College.
• Performs accreditation site visit to monitor student activities at clinical sites.
• Coordinates the placement of students.
• Establishes new student placement contracts and establishing letters of agreement with agencies as directed by the faculty.
• Maintains and renews existing agency contracts.
• Interacts with faculty and clinical personnel to facilitate communication between agencies and the College.
• Educate preceptors on competencies and competency based education model for Dietetics.
• Completes comprehensive reports of activities and attends conferences of a related nature.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Nursing, Biology, Health Science or related field from an accredited university.
Preferred: Registered Dietician.
Two (2) years professional experience in a healthcare setting or related environment.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28231