Community Nutrition Advisor
University of Idaho
Community Nutrition Advisor
Location: Off Campus Location - Pocatello
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.96 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Build partnerships and initiate collaborative programs with schools, food pantries, grocery retailers and/or community interests that represent social and environmental support systems for low income families and individuals. Educational programs developed and delivered will promote healthier food and physical activity choices for food stamp, also known as supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) recipients. This position will be based out of Pocatello, Idaho.
- Must possess High School diploma, completion of high school equivalency or GED.
- Experience teaching or speaking publicly in a professional environment.
- Experience using computers, software and the internet.
- Experience cooking or preparing food, food safety and maintaining equipment/supplies.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Health, Health Care Studies, Social Services or a related field.
- Experience teaching and marketing programs with agencies that target limited resource families and working with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience developing marketing tools and messaging, managing projects and creating presentations and charts using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in nutrition and food resource management.
- Experience with data collection and research.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and give attention to detail and maintain accurate records.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to teach or otherwise provide instruction of physical activities including, but not limited to, marching, toe touches, squats, and arm reaches/lifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move instructional materials weighing up to 40 lbs. from vehicle to work site and from work site to vehicle.
Posting Number: SP002792P
Posting Date: 04/23/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by May 9, 2021 . The position may remain open until filled.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the Required Qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.