Vice President of Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Reporting directly to the President of Champlain College (“Champlain”), the Vice President of Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (“Vice President”) will advance the College’s vision to create and sustain an inclusive and equitable learning, living, and working environment in all academic and administrative units, where all members of the Champlain College community feel welcomed, valued, supported, and have a strong sense of belonging, serving both on-campus and nontraditional programs.
The Vice President will:
- Lead the shaping of an institutional vision and a compelling message for equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Provide leadership, planning, and support for fostering diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff, and students.
- Initiate outreach programming to promote examination of systemic forms of oppression and to increase the impact and understanding of equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Collaborate with campus partners to develop programs for equitable recruitment, retention, and success of students, faculty, and staff.
- Forge community partnerships throughout the Burlington community and beyond to support marginalized populations.
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private, not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Its career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for professional life from their very first semester. For the fifth year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2020 regional rankings and listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 385 Colleges" in 2020. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and is recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes." The College offers 30 undergraduate degrees as well as online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
All nominations, inquiries, and application materials should be submitted by May 31st, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Apply for Vice President of Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Burlington