Administrative Assistant to the Chancellor
The Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD) invites applications for the position of Administrative Assistant to the Chancellor. This position assists in providing specialized, complex, and confidential administrative support duties to the Chancellor's Office.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTANCE OF AN APPLICATION:
An associate degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in computer applications and office technology (CAOT), business administration, or a related field AND four years of full-time, paid experience which included providing administrative assistance to an executive or administrator. Qualifying experience must have also included use of computer software such as word processing and spreadsheet.
A valid Class "C" California driver’s license is required. Travel to locations throughout the District may be required.
For a complete job description including the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities associated with the position please visit our website.
An anticipated vacancy exists in the Chancellor’s Office at the District Office, 770 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90017. The hiring list established by this examination will be used to fill future vacancies as they occur during the life of the list.
- Medical and dental insurance and vision care plans are provided for employees and their dependents.
- A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided free of charge for each employee.
- 12 full-pay days and 88 half-pay days of illness leave.
- At least 15 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation days accrue annually beginning at 10 days and increasing incrementally to 24 days depending on years of service with the District. Vacation days for management and confidential positions begin at 15, 20, or 24 days.
- Other paid time off includes: bereavement leave, personal necessity leave, court subpoena, and jury duty.
- Employees become members of the Public Employees Retirement System. The employee contribution rate is 6 percent. The District also contributes to the retirement system. Employees are also covered by Social Security.
- Employee Assistance Program
The examination process may consist of one or more parts which
may include a training and experience evaluation, written test,
and/or oral interview.
Individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) may request, orally or in writing, an accommodation in the
examination process. Documentation of the need for accommodation is
required solely for the purpose of establishing that the applicant
has an ADA disability and that the disability necessitates a
reasonable accommodation. Typically, a recent letter from an
appropriate health care or rehabilitation professional which
establishes that the applicant has an ADA qualifying disability,
identifies the functional limitations as they relate to the testing
situation, and recommends/suggests the appropriate accommodation is
sufficient. In order for appropriate arrangements to be
made at the testing site, a request for accommodation and required
documentation must be received by the Examiner of Record at least 3
days prior to the administration of the test.
HOW TO APPLY and DEADLINE
Apply Online at: https://www.jobapscloud.com/LACCD/default.asp
Completed applications must be submitted through our online employment system by 4:00 P.M. on FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021. Please note, once the limit of 250 is reached, only applications from current active employees will be accepted until the filing deadline. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. For a listing of other job opportunities with the Los Angeles Community College District, call our 24-hr job hotline, or refer to our Web Page.