Director of Administration and Operations
Director Of Administration And Operations
The Director of Administration and Operations serves as the key point of contact for FSM, as well as procurement for the University. This is a vital role and must provide stellar customer service to the Lasell community while providing overall leadership to FSM. This position requires skills in the art of facilities management and advanced organizational skills.
The duties listed below are intended to describe the essential functions of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Leads the procurement function for the Lasell community
including, but not limited to:
- Establishment of best practices and processes
- Education of the processes to the general Lasell community
- Participation with various groups (TBC, GNEMSDC, etc.)
- Manages vendor relationships and acts of primary point of contact
- Provides direction and leadership to the FSM team including,
but not limited to:
- Work order assignment
- Task oversight
- Hiring, training, and evaluation of team members
- Develop and manage Facilities Preventative Maintenance Program through work control with support information, specifications, and time values to be provided by FSM team members
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling campus inspections with
the City of Newton and various outside vendors
- Works with campus customers, including building coordinators
and key staff, in a professional manner on work order requests,
project requirements, and other maintenance and operational needs,
ensuring satisfaction and resolution
- Manages the SchoolDude work order system including the
prioritization of work orders, training of community members,
reports as requested by the AVP, etc.
- FSM budgetary responsibilities:
- Creation and oversight of annual operating budget in conjunction with AVP
- Invoice and p-card review and approval
- Partners with the AVP to maintain and execute capital
plan/major projects throughout the community
- Provides the community with sustainability leadership
including, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement campus-wide sustainability initiatives and programs that engage the community and help the college achieve its ACUPCC goals; create a working environment with the college community; foster increased student involvement, awareness and culture in regards to sustainability efforts
- Chair the College's Sustainability Committee
- Prepare the University's annual Climate Commitment report
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Facilities/project management experience/degree required.
Management experience required.
Must pass a CORI check.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED
Must maintain a good driving record.
Other Requirements of the Job
- Ability to use computers, radios, and other technological tools
in the course of performing duties.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and other
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all
levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and be able to make sound,
independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
- Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, regulations,
policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines
governing the department.
- Ability to follow detailed oral/written
- Ability to establish and maintain professional, harmonious
working relationships and deal tactfully with others from on and
- Ability to be an active listener.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
May be required to lift/push/pull heavy objects; subject to mechanical/chemical hazards and inclement weather/temperature extremes; work above ground level and in cramped positions; wear protective clothing. Average visual effort is required.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously to perform
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move heavy
- Ability to climb and work on ladders.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling
and walking significant distances between and within college
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces, including
equipment and attic spaces.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme temperature ranges and
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to operate hand tools
and power tools.
Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to weather extremes, fumes, odors and/or noise.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply for the position, please visit: https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/director-of-administration-and-operations.html