Development and Alumni Relations Coordinator
Development And Alumni Relations Coordinator
The Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) Coordinator is a key member of and will support the entire DAR team. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience and contribute to all operations of the Development and Alumni Relations team. The Coordinator's primary responsibilities are gift processing and reporting, database integrity, gift acknowledgment and stewardship support, grant administration, event registration, along with providing the team with infrastructure support including maintaining office supplies, coordinating with campus facilities to ensure office needs are met, and helping to schedule and coordinate the logistics of team meetings and other meetings upon request.
In addition, we are in the early phase of a Capital Campaign and this role will play a key supporting role in this effort. This role will also provide administrative and project management support for an anticipated database migration/implementation.
The person in this role must safeguard the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students and staff, and handling of all departmental requests.
At Lasell, we seek faculty and staff who appreciate the value diversity brings to a campus community and are eager to foster an inclusive environment. Employees who represent the various areas of diversity of our student body are key contributors to our strategic vision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities. Lasell University has the right to add or change the job responsibilities at any time.
Gift Processing and Reporting (35%)
- Receive, record and legally receipt charitable contributions to
the University, in accordance with donor intent, Lasell University
policies, and adhering to CASE standard reporting guidelines and
IRS rules and regulations governing contributions.
- Enter gifts and pledges into the database (currently
Salesforce) with accuracy in accordance with CASE and IRS
guidelines (Lasell University strives to enter all gifts within
24-48 hours of receipt). Open and sort gifts daily from mail, phone
and online sources. Appropriately batch gifts by fund, payment
method and solicitation method, determine soft credits,
commemorative gifts, and class credit, and interpret other comments
on contributor slips. Conduct inquiries as needed with relevant
Development colleagues to process correctly.
- Conduct daily audits of gift entry; complete monthly, calendar
and fiscal year-end reconciliation with the Business Office;
produce gift reports as requested; and update any biographical data
received with gifts. Maintain matching gift records and forms, and
daily gift files.
- Coordinate with the Business Office to ensure accurate
processing of payroll deductions for employees and to coordinate
all athletic gifts and accounts.
- Manage the gifts-in-kind process by entering in-kind donations
into the database and generating in-kind thank you letters and tax
- Manage the recurring gifts process on a monthly basis. Prepare
designated reports and follow-up letters related to this
- Process all event registrations fees that include a gift
portion; prepare and send adjustments to Business
- Produce monthly fundraising reports, monthly pledges receivable
reports, and Lasell Fund monthly summary reports.
Database Integrity (10%)
- Maintain the integrity of gift-related data in the database
- Biographical data entry responsibilities include entering new
constituent records, updating addresses, phone numbers and email
addresses; deceasing individuals in the database, entering updates
from the alumni magazine Leaves and other tasks as
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Prospect Management,
Senior Director of Development and Administration to identify data
that needs to be corrected/updated and project management
completion of this.
- Directly take responsibility for and/or oversee part time
student worker on data integrity projects.
Gift Acknowledgements and Stewardship (20%)
- Manage all gift acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Participate as a member on the DAR Stewardship team: make
recommendations based on our criteria as to how to best thank each
donor, track efforts, and coordinate stewardship communications
with the Office of the President and DAR Director of Stewardship
- Support Stewardship and Communication efforts including
Grant Administration (20%)
- Prepare and disseminate a monthly grants activity
- Coordinate with the Business Office to track grant expenses
- Log and track all deadlines for proposal submission and
- Assist the Senior Director of Grant Development in proposal
development by helping to coordinate procurement of supporting
- Assist the Senior Director of Grant Development in tracking
grants- once awarded- to ensure compliance and stewardship.
Event and Programming Support (5%)
- The Gift Processor will provide administrative support for all
aspects of virtual and in person fundraising activities,
programming, and special events- including invitations, event
registration and on site gift collection.
Office Infrastructure Support (10%)
- Manage incoming calls for the Development and Alumni Relations
- Maintain office supplies.
- Coordinate with campus facilities to ensure smooth office
- Schedule and coordinate the logistics of team meetings and
other meetings upon request.
- Provide support to the Vice President of Development and Alumni
Relations and other senior Development staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise a part-time student worker under the direction of the Senior Director of Development and Administration.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE JOB:
Minimum Education level:
College degree and one to two years' development or accounting experience preferred.
Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products required; familiarity and comfort with online project management tools; database management skills highly desirable.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- 1-3 years of related experience in development or accounting or
other transferrable skills and experience.
- Sensitive to issues of confidentiality.
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal,
organizational, and time management skills, as well as the ability
to multi-task and function with accuracy and adhere to
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- May require some evening and weekend work.
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply for the position, please visit: https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/development-and-alumni-relations-coordinator.html