Tradesperson - HVAC
Tradesperson - HVAC
The Tradesperson - HVAC is responsible for performing a variety of duties to install, maintain, inspect, operate and repair building HVAC and refrigeration systems, hot water systems and components; and all other related duties as required.
The duties listed below are intended to describe the essential functions of the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Operate, repair, adjust and inspect building HVAC and
refrigeration system below 10 tons, including components and
auxiliary equipment (motors, controls, valves, dampers, regulators,
gaskets, flanges, seals, pumps, draft fans, and compressors) to
detect hazards, malfunctions, the need for adjustment and/or
- Maintain buildings' HVAC, refrigeration systems below 10 tons,
auxiliary equipment and components such rooftop units, pumps, and
other related types of equipment.
- Repair or arrange for replacement of buildings' faulty HVAC
systems below 10 tons, refrigeration equipment, motors, controls,
valves, dampers, regulators, gaskets, flanges, seals, pumps, draft
fans and compressors, including deficiencies in related systems
such as chilled water or condenser water loops.
- Work cooperatively with all staff and tradespeople.
- May operate an aerial bucket truck
- Assist with vendor deliveries
- Work from piping diagrams, schematics, blueprints, sketches
and/or verbal instructions
- Report hazardous and unusual situations to the appropriate
- Complete all work orders and requisitions in a timely manner,
and properly process and return all completed work orders and
- Maintain a clean work area and an adequate inventory of all
shop supplies and equipment.
- Attend training sessions as required.
- May direct employees of a lower level as needed.
- Perform duties of lower classifications as required.
- Respond to emergency calls and perform a variety of maintenance
and repair duties.
- Perform related duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
High School diploma or equivalent, plus 5 years of experience in a commercial or industrial setting working with HVAC systems; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Must pass a CORI check.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION OR LICENSURE REQUIRED
- EPA Certification
- Valid Driver's License, with good driving record
Other Requirements of the Job
- Broad knowledge of HVAC control systems in conjunction with
appropriate service maintenance contracts and/or other control
- Must complete and pass a Lead Paint Certification course
provided by the University within one year of
- May be required to use computers, radios, and other
technological tools in the course of performing duties.
- Must be familiar with the operation of all standard mechanical
system configurations, i.e., VAV, constant volume with or without
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization, including but not limited to all staff,
administration and students.
- Ability to work independently and be able to make sound,
independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and
goals and the role of their position in achieving those
- Ability to understand and apply the laws, rules, regulations,
policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines
governing the department.
- Ability to follow detailed oral/written
- Ability to use all equipment and tools related to the HVAC
- General knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working
relationships and deal tactfully with others.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
- May be required to lift/push/pull heavy objects
- Subject to mechanical/chemical hazards and inclement
- Work above ground level and in cramped positions
- Wear protective clothing.
- Average visual effort is required.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously to perform
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move heavy
- Ability to climb and work on ladders.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling
and walking significant distances between and within University
- Ability to perform duties in confined spaces, including
equipment and attic spaces.
- Ability to perform duties in extreme temperature ranges and
- Sufficient manual dexterity in both hands to operate hand tools
and power tools.
Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to weather extremes, fumes, odors and/or noise.
Lasell University offers a competitive salary and benefits package for eligible employees. This includes but is not limited to outstanding time off benefits, health, dental and vision insurance, tuition benefits and more.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) references using the forms below. Application review will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Lasell is committed to fostering an intellectually enriching and inclusive educational environment. We are dedicated to enhancing our employees' intercultural competence and sensitivity in fulfilling their roles and interacting with students and employees who are broadly diverse with regard to various aspects of identity, such as race, ethnicity, ability status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, nationality, and religion.
We seek faculty and staff who appreciate the value diversity brings to a campus community and are eager to foster an inclusive environment here at Lasell. Employees who represent the various areas of diversity of our student body are key contributors to our strategic vision.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
To apply for the position, please visit: https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/human-resources/employment-opportunities/staff-positions/tradesperson---hvac-.html