Director of Technical Sciences
Director of Technical Sciences
Thank you for your interest in Truckee Meadows Community College. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact Human Resources at (775) 673-7168 or email@example.com.
The Director of Technical Sciences assists the Dean with operations of all programs under the Technical Sciences division and provides leadership, direction, and effective day-to-day management of the William N. Pennington Applied Technology Center (PATC).
The Director is responsible for collaborating with the faculty in the Technical Sciences disciplines to maintain effective, high quality academic programs; and serves as a liaison to employers and agency partner and with other departments within the college.
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution
2. Two years of higher education experience that includes can include a combination of administration and teaching.
3. Two years of experience in an educational setting working directly with business or industry or two years of related work experience.
4. Experience in curriculum and degree/certificate development.
1. Master's degree in a related field from an accredited institution
2. Direct supervision experience
3. Experience in site operations or management
4. Experience with grant funded program administration and reporting requirements
5. Experience with high school, undergraduate, or adult education programs
6. Experience with budget development and/or management.
7. Experience with delivery of open-entry, modularized, or non-traditional format programs.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Oversee Technical Sciences staff and ensure effective management of the Applied Technology Center operations including direct oversight and/or communication with TMCC's Main Campus.
2. Assist the Dean in fostering collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
3. Ensure that all federal, state, system and college policies, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
4. Support and collaborate with program faculty members to ensure effective and consistent delivery of academic programs at the Center.
5. Manage scheduling for Open-Entry programs.
6. Assist with scheduling for operations at the Center, including courses, workshops, meetings and special events. Maximize room utilization and staffing efficiencies.
7. In consultation with the Dean and faculty members, review and evaluate courses to ensure workplace relevance and currency within each discipline. Collaborate with faculty on curriculum changes, additions or deletions.
8. Recommend teaching assignment and faculty workload in consultation with the Dean and Department Chairs, ensuring compliance with the Nevada Faculty Alliance contract.
9. In consultation with department faculty, hire and evaluate instructional assistants (IAs).
10. Manage direct report staff members including hiring, scheduling and evaluation.
11. Support student advisement and evaluate course substitution requests as needed.
12. Address student complaints and appeals related to instruction and assist the Dean in resolving student issues as appropriate.
13. Evaluate use of resources and provide input to the Dean on changes to resource allocation.
14. Initiate departmental resources and budget requests, including grant and external funding. Manage departmental budgets and coordinate annual inventory of equipment with program faculty.
15. Perform all assigned duties in a manner that is consistent with the standards, mission, and goals of Truckee Meadows Community College
16. Comply with department responsibilities and published college policies and procedures and NSHE published college policies and procedures.
17. Adhere to FERPA and all safety standards and regulations
18. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum $88,686, Salary placement is dependent on education and experience.
In the Resume/Cover Letter section of the application each of the following must be attached to be given consideration for this position.
- Cover Letter
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. Search committees will use this information to determine that applicants meet minimum qualifications as listed in the job announcement.
This posting will close at 12:00 am on the date listed above. The posting will no longer be available to apply to after 11:59 pm the day prior.
All documents, including unofficial transcripts for academic positions, must be received prior to the closing date listed on the job announcement.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check upon hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TMCC-External/job/TMCC---Applied-Technology-Center/Director--Applied-Industrial-Technologies_R0124446-1
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive educational institution located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. TMCC’s five instructional sites and numerous community locations serves an increasingly diverse population of more than 11,000 students each semester. TMCC, an HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution), is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning.
A vital leader in the New Nevada’s growing economy, TMCC is located near the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains in an environment rich with a thriving arts, culture, food scene, abundant outdoor activities, and a family-friendly local community. It is only a 3.5 hour drive to San Francisco, CA, a 40-minute drive to Lake Tahoe, and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to www.tmcc.edu or view our virtual tour at tour.tmcc.edu.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.