EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, CAREER DEVELOPMENT,ESA Student Affairs, Center for Career Development
The Executive Director of the Center for Career Development reports to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment & Student Administration, and provides strategic leadership for a comprehensive career development program spanning career advisement, job search skill acquisition, internship opportunities, employer engagement, recruiting activities, and more. The role requires active and innovative outreach to alumni, employers, and members of BU and external communities, and engagement of these constituents in the mission and work of the department. The Executive Director will work with BU schools and colleges, student service offices, alumni relations staff, and others to develop an institutional network that collaborates to ensure career success for students and alumni.
The Executive Director will:
- Develop a strategy and vision which aligns with institutional and unit-wide priorities, and incorporates accepted professional methodologies and innovation.
- Ensure effective use of technology in the development and delivery of services. Identify, analyze, and report on key performance indicators to measure the efficiency of service delivery.
- Compile and share first destination metrics and other data with internal and external constituencies.
- Monitor employment trends affecting career opportunities and preparation of students.
- Collaborate with career services colleagues within the University to identify alignments and improve services.
- Manage a team of 19 career professionals, while encouraging an environment that develops creativity, innovation, and professional growth
- An advanced degree, a track record of growing responsibility in career services or a related field, and a minimum of seven years of substantive leadership experience.
- Confirmed management skills including strategic planning ability, staff development and supervision, and financial acumen are also crucial.
- Our ideal candidate has outstanding communication and social skills, emotional and cultural intelligence, and is able to represent the department optimally to multiple and diverse constituencies.
- The Center for Career Developments' strategic priorities includes infusing principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion within the department and in its service to the BU community. Ideal candidates will also demonstrate dedication to encouraging those values.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Student Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Career Services Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Directors Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston