General Maintenance Mechanic
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a General Maintenance Mechanic position. The General Maintenance Mechanic maintains, services, and conducts minor repairs on College buildings and equipment. The General Maintenance Mechanic assists the trade positions within the Facilities department by performing a variety of semiskilled duties in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting, or plastering.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• High School Diploma, or GED equivalent, and five (5) years of related work experience in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry; or a trade school degree and three (3) years of related work experience in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry required.
• Demonstrated skills craft expertise, including electrical, plumbing, and carpentry.
• Ability to work in varying outdoor weather conditions, as needed, required.
• Ability to use small power tools and hand tools commonly used in maintenance trades required.
• Ability to climb ladders, extension ladders, and work on a scaffold and hydraulic/electrical work platforms required.
• Ability to read and comprehend printed assembly instructions, and operating manuals required.
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, be self-directed and work for periods of time without supervision required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others is required.
• Valid driver's license required.
• Ability to work evenings and during scheduled College breaks, and weekends, as needed.
• Qualified individuals are required to pass the General Maintenance test administered.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social-economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.