Associate Director, School of Communication and Media
OVERVIEW: Reporting directly to the Director of the School of Communication and Media, the Associate Director works closely with the entire SCM organization and with the Office of the Dean of the College of the Arts. The Associate Director serves as a principal administrator of the School of Communication and Media and is responsible for managing the day-to-day academic and non-academic operations for the School and its staff and faculty. As a manager, the Associate Director will bear primary responsibility for managing the administrative and academic arrangements related to the School's curriculum and governance. The President of the University appoints this position annually. The Associate Director works with academic area heads in coordinating faculty assignments and course scheduling. The Associate Director takes a leadership role in staffing, planning, facilities and equipment, scholarships and award events, curriculum, and accreditation. In regard to these areas he/she develops and implements policies and procedures, writes related reports, and makes analyses and recommendations as needed. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets regularly with the School Director, staff and faculty coordinators of program areas and concentrations, and College of the Arts personnel in order to inform, develop, and implement appropriate plans, policies, and tasks.
- Assists the Director in coordinating and making recommendations with respect to personnel actions related to faculty and staff, including recruitment and retention.
- Works with academic area heads and faculty on best processes for submitting new and revised curricula.
- Working with academic area heads, plans course schedules for Fall and Spring semesters, as well as Winter and Summer Sessions.
- Implements curriculum, assessment, student advising, and organizational plans.
- In coordination with academic area heads, oversees efficient hiring of adjunct instructors across School areas and disciplines.
- In collaboration with the College of the Arts Dean's Office, coordinates student recruitment events, as well as college and campus initiatives.
- Working with the School advising team, ensures best practices in student advising and creating a strategic plan for advising before students arrive to campus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
- Advanced degree (M.A, M.F.A. or Ph.D.) in communication, film, journalism, media, strategic communication, broadcasting or a related area from an accredited college.
- Two years of administrative experience in a higher education setting or similar organization.
- Strong understanding of the evolving professional landscape of the fields that are components of the School of Communication and Media program.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, supervisory experience, strong experience with and understanding of the academic curricular processes.
- Technological competence in a range of programs used in higher education administration (including Slate and Canvas).
- Experience working with advising teams and providing overall leadership.
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACYApplicants should include a resume and cover letter describing how their background, skills and education match the needs of the University. When applying, please take a moment to carefully read and follow the steps in the application instructions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Little Falls
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Little Falls
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Little Falls
- Arts Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Little Falls