Athletic Training Program Assistant Professor/Associate Professor
The Department of Sports Medicine and Nutrition in the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh is accepting applications for two 12-month, appointment stream assistant or associate professor positions. The successful candidates will assume responsibility for teaching Athletic Training specific course content, advising and mentoring students in Athletic Training, maintaining an active line of scholarly productivity, and participating in department, school, and university governance and service, along with other roles as determined by the Athletic Training program director. The University of Pittsburgh is committed to eliminating barriers and obstacles created by institutional discrimination. We encourage applicants to comment in their cover letter and statements on how their teaching, scholarship, service, patient-centered care, and outreach activities contribute to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Earned doctoral degree (Ph.D., EdD, DAT) in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine or related area (ABD will be considered)
- Evidence of college or university teaching in a CAATE-accredited curriculum
- Demonstrated evidence of scholarly productivity
- BOC, Inc. Athletic Trainer for a minimum of five (5) years
- Licensure in the state of Pennsylvania or eligible
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience as a certified athletic trainer
- Knowledge of CAATE accreditation and centralized application processes
- Background in developing distance education models
- Completion of an Athletic Training Residency program
- Additional advanced professional credentials (CSCS, FA/CPR Instructor)
The start date for these positions will be August 1, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the positions are filled. Interviewing of candidates will commence once a sufficient and competitive number of qualified candidates has been identified. Salary will be commensurate with experience and include all benefits such as health insurance, retirement, and tuition discounts at the University of Pittsburgh for both self and family. The positions will be 12-month appointments outside the tenure stream, within the Department of Sports Medicine and Nutrition, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Additional information describing the Department of Sports Medicine and Nutrition and the Athletic Training program can be found at http://www.shrs.pitt.edu/SMN/. Specific questions regarding the position can be addressed to Umeka Ganjoo, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application materials including a cover letter stating interest, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three (3) professional references should be submitted through Talent Center (join.pitt.edu ref # 21001886 & 21001888).
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Instructional Technology & Design Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh