Graduate Resident Director
Graduate Resident Director
Job no: 495806
SUNY Budget Title: Residence Hall Intern
Salary Level/Grade: SL1
Work type: Part time
Department: Residential Life
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary:
The Office of Residential Life and Learning Communities at SUNY Brockport, State University of New York, invites applications for current and anticipated openings for the position of Graduate Resident Director.
The Graduate Resident Director responsibilities include:
- Oversees a community of residential learning, housing of approximately 200 to 400 first year, transfer, or continuing students
- Develops and implements specific residential curriculum initiatives to build a comprehensive learning environment that fosters academic success and personal growth.
- Works with living learning communities and collaborates with other Enrollment Management and Student Affairs departments such as: the Educational Opportunities Program, First-Year experience, Transfer experience, Student Union and Activities, Prevention and Outreach services, and Academic Advisement.
- Supervises resident assistants and other student support staff.
- Participates in campus events.
- Serves on departmental and campus-wide committees.
- Bachelor's degree earned by May 31, 2021 or by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Ability to respond to crisis and emergency situations within Residence Life housing population.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse college populations and create an inclusive environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work with students and staff.
- Enrolled in a graduate program of study.
- Must be able to climb stairs, complete rounds, and physically respond to duty calls within residence halls across campus.
- Previous experience in Residence Life.
- Knowledge of student development and Residential Education.
- Student leadership experience.
This is a live in position that includes a furnished apartment and food allowance. The position is for a temporary one year initial appointment with the possibility of a one year renewal contingent upon an annual successful performance review.
Application Instructions: Visit jobs.brockport.edu to complete an application including your letter of application that addresses required and preferred qualifications, resume/CV, and contact information for three professional references. New York State Executive Order: Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Diversity Statement: We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success. SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/495806/graduate-resident-director