Assistant Coach, Men's Basketball #605340
- Assist the head coach in planning and organizing all phases of a Division I basketball program.
- Recruitment and evaluation of prospective student-athletes and related regional and national travel.
- Scouting of assigned opponents.
- Assist head coach in preparation and conduct of practices and games.
- Assist head coach in overseeing academic progress.
- Liaison to designated campus support departments and athletic departments (i.e., residence life, academics).
- Coordinate outreach efforts with community, alumni, and supporters.
- Assist the head coach in any other areas deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years basketball coaching experience at the junior college, university, and/or professional level.
- Working knowledge of Division I NCAA rules and regulations.
- Master's degree.
- Experience working with social media.
- Experience monitoring student-athlete academic attendance and progress.
- Experience coaching Division I men's basketball.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
EEO is the Law Poster and Supplements
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.