District Office at Dawson Technical Institute
Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: This position plans, manages, and directs the staff and operations associated with fiscal activities for each department; prepares annual financial reports; supervises audited financial statements; and directs the daily administration and operation of finances.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and prepares the annual budget. Continually monitors
budget and ensure all transactions are properly posted.
- Provides quarterly projections through revenue estimates from
grants, donations and underwriting. Tracks, verifies, and
reconciles grant contract funds deposits, donations, and other
- Maintains the accounting system to ensure expenditures are
posted to appropriate categories.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure budget control of
each department. Establishes and adheres to internal controls which
- Supervises support staff that are responsible for processing
requisitions, purchase orders, and resolving vendor and customer
- Prepares annual financial reports for grant agencies, reviews
and approves audits completed by independent auditors on financial
statements and submits reports to appropriate agencies.
- Maintains financial and payroll records for all full-time,
part-time staff, in addition to independent contractors. Provides
vendor financial management.
- Manages vendor contracts so that expenditures are compliant
with board report and contract details.
- Provides hiring managers with periodic reports for maintenance
of balanced consultant and service spend rate.
- Provides recommendations for financial policy to maximize the
- Assists in labor relations activities as appropriate. Advises
management on fiscal affairs by preparing financial forecasts,
analyzing past performance, or conducting other fiscal
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct Supervision: PT Clerical Position
Indirect Supervision: None
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
Administration. Three years direct managerial experience in an
- Previous experience in education is preferable. Minimum one
year experience in managing federal and state grants. Supervisory
experience highly preferred. Excellent writing and verbal
- Must be able to effectively represent the District at various
meetings. Must be able to work well with employees at all levels of
the organization, as well as with students and other
- Must be able to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
Must be self-directed and innovative, able to assess current
operations in an effort to improve the future goals. Must be able
to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and/or
weekends. Extensive personal computer and software experience
including word processing, spreadsheets and database
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago