Artist-in-Residence and Multimedia Studio Manager
Artist-in-Residence & Multimedia Studio Manager (9 MNT, NTT)
The Mass Communications department at Oklahoma City University invites culturally and academically diverse applicants for a non-tenure-track Assistant Professor of Broadcast Production beginning August 2021.
OCU is committed to building a diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body. We welcome applications from members of groups traditionally underrepresented in the faculties of higher education institutions. The Petree College of Arts & Sciences is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and are aligned with our university’s overarching vision and mission. Further, we aspire to engage in our work in equitable and inclusive ways, and desire to work with a team member who is committed to our university’s and Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s strategic goals.
- Teach and serve within the multimedia journalism and broadcast production track
- Manage the television studio and control room
- Assist in recruiting prospective students
- Assist with student academic advising
- Assist students in applying for awards and honors as well as develop their senior portfolios/reels
- Co-chair the departmental student organization
- Assist the Director with program assessment
- Assist in managing the OCU TV Studio operating budget
- Maintain and procure necessary equipment and information systems vital to broadcast production
- Other duties as assigned
- Master degree in Broadcasting or related field (Those currently pursuing their master’s degree may be considered.)
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in news production and management demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts and terminology
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with news reporting and broadcast production
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals
- Professional experience producing television studio and multimedia newscasts
- Professional experience in broadcast field production
- Previous experience teaching in secondary or higher education
- Ability to teach multimedia news reporting, sportswriting, sportscasting, nonlinear editing, and news editing courses at the university level
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere/Suite, RundownCreator.com, Photoshop, After Effects
- Demonstrated successful usage of a Tricaster switcher, Canon 7D cameras, and Panasonic cameras
- Podcasting / radio experience
- eSports shoutcasting and production experience
- Professional organization membership or connection within the communications industry
- Must be physically able to perform all essential functions to included, but not be limited to moving television studio equipment and furniture
- Adequate vision and hearing to effectively communicate in person, in writing, via computer and telephone
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The Petree College of Arts and Sciences at Oklahoma City University
The Petree College of Arts and Sciences embraces the value of a liberal arts education and prepares students in all disciplines to think critically, creatively, and ethically. Our students are challenged to become servant leaders through an education that engages them to become socially and ecologically responsible citizens in our world. Through rigorous coursework taught by excellent faculty, the Petree College is committed to an education that is relevant, socially engaged, and life transforming. The faculty and staff of Petree College are not only concerned about preparing students for careers. More importantly, we want to prepare you for life. We hope that you will join us to participate in an education that will make a difference for you and for the world.
About Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma City University was founded in 1904 and is a coeducational, urban, private university located in the Uptown district of Oklahoma City. The university is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and offers a wide variety of degrees in the liberal arts and sciences disciplines. Oklahoma City University is the only Oklahoma institution listed in the top tier of the regional, master's-level university category by U.S. News and World Report magazine.
The faculty of OCU are afforded a generous and comprehensive benefits package designed to fit the needs of you and your family. Benefits offered include: health (medical, dental and vision) insurance, flexible spending accounts, university paid life insurance, university paid long-term disability insurance, retirement plans, and tuition remission for employees and qualifying dependents who wish to take classes or pursue a degree at OCU.
Procedure for Submitting Applications
University is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the values and goals of diversity. Required Application Materials
All applications submitted must include 1) a cover letter, 2) a current curriculum vitae, 3) a list of three to five professional references, and 4) unofficial transcripts.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the position is filled.
Please direct questions about the position or the search to:
Search Chair: Director and Assistant Professor of Mass Communications: Beth Adele, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity Advocate: Bryan Cardinale-Powell, BCardinalePowell@okcu.edu.