We are encouraging applications for a post-doctoral fellow to assist on an NSF-funded project assessing sociocultural factors that may create gender differences in how students in STEM fields respond to academic feedback. While the grant primarily focuses on gender differences to feedback, we are also interested in whether similar mechanisms occur for members of other underrepresented groups such as those based on racial identity. The position will begin in summer or early fall.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The post-doctoral fellow will work closely with PI Tiffany Ito (Department of Psychology and Neuroscience) and grant co-Principal Investigators Noah Finkelstein and Steven Pollock (both Department of Physics). Tiffany Ito runs the Social Neuroscience Lab, an interdisciplinary social psychology lab focused on issues related to stereotyping and prejudice, disparities in STEM education, and adolescent substance use. The Social Neuroscience Lab is located in the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, which encourages cutting-edge and collaborative research that transcends traditional disciplinary boundaries while maintaining a firm footing in psychology and neuroscience. There is also a STEM education community on campus with many opportunities for interaction with discipline-based STEM education efforts.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
The Post-doctoral Researcher will be involved in all phases of the experimental research project. Specific responsibilities will include
- managing daily operations of the project;
- programming and testing surveys and online interfaces for data collection;
- refining experimental materials;
- helping to train and supervise the daily activities of undergraduate trainees who collaborate with research participants;
- data management and analysis; and
- dissemination of results at conferences and in peer-reviewed publications.
What We Can Offer
Salary is $53,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Dynamic. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Ph.D. in Social Psychology or a related field with a focus on translational experimental research on educational disparities.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Expertise in experimental design and data analysis, including mixed models with cross random factors.
- Background in gender stereotyping, self-evaluation, attributional ambiguity, and/or STEM disparities.
- Evidence of productivity in research and academic writing.
- Ability to work independently and on a research
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research Philosophy: statement describing research interests and accomplishments, including discussion of specific research, quantitative, and data analytic skills
- Writing Sample
During the application process, you will need to enter contact information for three references who can knowledgeably comment on your research accomplishments and we will request letters of recommendation and additional materials if needed, as the search progresses.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Psychology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder