Financial Aid Advisor
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: Develop, negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid. Work closely with new, continuing and re-entry students and their families to ensure the financial plan and re-plan continue to best meet the families' needs. Counsel students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to the student financial plan. Assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Work cohesively with Admission Representatives in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Efficiently and accurately package assigned students which includes new, continuing, re-entry and transfer students.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA and review the resulting ISIR, assign the appropriate budget, and package the students correctly.
- Create financial plans for assigned students in compliance with institutional policies and Federal regulations, communicate the plan to students and parents, and effectively explain rights and responsibilities for each aid source.
- Assist students and parents with alternative means of financing any remaining balance after awarding eligible federal, state, or institutional aid
- Ensure student files are complete and accurate and that aid is paid to students' accounts in a timely manner.
- Review and complete Basic Verification and C Code Reviews for students as necessary.
- Utilize reports to review students, analyze work needed, and work with the Director of Financial Aid for priorities.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred OR Associate's Degree plus 3 years of related experience with federal and student financial aid, OR 5 years of related experience with federal and student aid.
- Customer service, problem-solving approach to work.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make small group presentations as well as skill in interacting as an individual contributor.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently, and make decisions based on guidelines.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid software (Campus Vue/Campus Nexus preferred)
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other details Job Family All Positions Telecommute % 0 Required Education Bachelor's Degree
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh