Job Description Summary
Auburn University is seeking applicants for up to 4 unique ASHP Accredited PGY -1 Pharmacy Residency positions with a focus on primary care, community care, and academia. The residency is located in Auburn, Alabama, and is associated with the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy, the Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Center, the State Employees’ Insurance Board Wellness Center in Montgomery, and three patient-care oriented pharmacies. The individuals selected will have a unique opportunity to enhance and refine the practice skills necessary to become a cutting edge practitioner in ambulatory care as well as several other areas of pharmacy practice.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Providing pharmaceutical care services in a primary care setting including, but not limited to Medication Therapy Management ( MTM ) services for pharmacotherapy, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, health and wellness, smoking cessation, osteoporosis/ HRT, hypertension, and anticoagulation in two different pharmaceutical care centers
• Providing pharmaceutical care in two unique community pharmacies located within the Harrison School of Pharmacy and the State Wellness Center
• Providing teaching activities in the following settings: clinical skills course and lab, large group classes, mentoring of students in the early experiential program and providing instruction and guidance for students in the advanced experiential program
• Completion of a residency project mutually determined by the resident and his/her residency director and/or coordinator and project presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference
• Completion and submission of primary manuscript
• Developing an extensive knowledge about primary care healthcare delivery including pharmacoeconomics, pharmacy benefit management, and community pharmacy operations
• Participating in School of Pharmacy committees
The term of the residency is July 1, 2021, through June 30, 2022. The resident will receive an affiliate faculty appointment within the Department of Pharmacy Practice of the Harrison School of Pharmacy and have instructional duties as outlined above. Remuneration for the one-year residency will be $40,000.
Applicants must have earned a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPEaccredited college or school of pharmacy, be registered for the resident matching program, and be eligible for Alabama licensure. Candidates selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue working legally for the proposed term of employment, and must possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should submit a letter of intent, curriculum vitae, transcript of pharmacy education and three letters of recommendation from preceptors/ practitioners who have knowledge of applicant’s experience, ability, training, and character via PhORCAS. Any questions regarding the residency please contact P. David Brackett, PharmD, BCPS at email@example.com or 334-844-2988.
Review of applications begins May 1, 2021.
Auburn University is an EEO /Vet/Disability Employer
Open Until Filled
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting (auemployment.com site)
- Academic Conference
- Agency Referral
- Internal Job Posting
- Personal Referral
- Veterans Assistance Services (Veteran Job Boards, Military Base Services, State Vet Rep, etc.)
- Disability Assistance Services (Disability Job Boards, ABLE Network, Voc-Rehab referral, etc.)
- * Please enter the specifics of the option you selected
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae